Online Dating Services

Want to sell something? Have a request? Want to give something away? Advertise local services, etc. here.

Re: Online Dating Services

Postby a2z » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:58 pm

CNET News : Looking online for love? Swab your cheek. :up2:
Umm... I didn't see this one coming. There are quite a few... umm... highly specialized websites. Something for everyone, I guess?
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby BallaratBob » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:19 am

a2z: I really doubt that a genetic test is going to be very good at finding good matches. People might not like filling out long questionnaires, but I don't think there's really a such thing as compatible genes when it comes to people liking each other. Sounds like a gimmick to me!
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby cactuspete » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:38 am

Why I don’t have a girlfriend: An application of the Drake Equation to love in the UK :prof:
This is a humorous demonstration of how an equation that was developed to predict the probability of there being intelligent life in the universe other than here on earth can be applied to predicting the probability of finding a suitable girlfriend. The math may be a little advanced for those of you who are not engineers, but you'll still be able to appreciate the implications and generally understand the logic.
While extraterrestrial civilizations may be rare, there is something that is seemingly rarer still: A girlfriend. For me.
What might the approach employed in the estimation of the number of alien civilizations tell us about the number of
potential girlfriends for me? A somewhat less scientific question, I admit, but one of substantial personal importance.

LINK: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/economics/staff/phd_students/backus/girlfriend/why_i_dont_have_a_girlfriend.pdf
ALSO SEE: http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100418/2338189061/dailydirt-modern-dating.shtml
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby whiskeypete » Thu May 01, 2014 8:47 am

Drake Equation: You don't need no fancy equation to explain why most people have a hard time hitching up with attractive partners. There's a shortage of people you'd want to hook up with whether your a man or a woman. Most people let themselves go and are otherwise not all that enjoyable to be around! That's why fellows like Jack Daniels are so popular!
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby CoolChick » Fri May 02, 2014 8:03 am

whiskeypete: It ain't easy to find someone worth hooking up with under any circumstances, but with your negative attitude it seems like you'd repell anyone who might be even remotely interested. Also it sounds like you're a little too focused on how someone looks and that kind of shallow attitude won't help either!
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:37 am

These Cheating Reasons May Hit A Little Too Close To Home :kiss:
Mentioned in this little discussion is one of the most notorious of all dating services:
Ashley Madison
"Life is short. Have an affair."
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby whiskeypete » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:46 am

CoolChick: For some reason I just noticed your reply. Better late than never, I guess. No, my attitude is not negative. I'm realistic. And as for shallow? I'm all for companionship, but to deny that physical attractiveness isn't important seems shallow to me! Let's pretend it doesn't matter seems like a silly as far as I'm concerned.
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby hotlips » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:06 pm

FTC Fines Online Dating Site for Allegedly Creating Fake Profiles
Looks to good to be true? It probably is. Making fake profiles with fake pics is too easy. Unless there's some kind of video chat, I wouldn't trust a site like this. Old fashion text chats are not the way to meet someone!
hotlips
Greenhorn

Postby whiskeypete » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:17 am

With all the options available in cyberspace I'm surprised that people would waste their time typing messages back and forth with someone they want to go out on a date with. I'd want to meet the person in a video chat before committing to a date!
whiskeypete
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby CactusHugger » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Save big bucks by donating sperm online :wtf:
Skip all the romantic mush and get straight to making babies!!!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Want Ads