Cool Air

Want to sell something? Have a request? Want to give something away? Advertise local services, etc. here.

Re: Cool Air

Postby twister » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:22 am

ergot: Humidity not too bad? That may have been the forecast, but the reality is that it's been pretty darn humid. The effectiveness of swamp coolers has been pretty limited thanks to the lingering clouds. This has been good weather for refrigerated air conditioning!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:51 am

Air conditioning emissions could get worse
Which is why it's important to increase the efficiency of the air conditioners themselves and the methods used to generate energy.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BallaratBob » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:58 pm

A Better Way To Keep Your Food Cool At The Beach
Sometimes all you want is to keep a very small amount of space cool.
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby cactuspete » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:07 am

How to Install a Portable Air Conditioner
This might not be a bad way to keep a single room cool and it's getting to be that time of year!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby camel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:18 am

I'm in favor of staying cool anyway possible during the summer. The problem is the cost and so if I can stay cool without spending a lot of money, then that's the way to go!
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shotgunmary » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:42 am

We've made it half way through summer and so far I've only had to have my cooler repaired five times. Luckily the handyman doesn't charge an arm and a leg, but going without a cooler even for a few hours can be a bad experience this time of year. I hope I make it the rest of the summer without any hassles!
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby twister » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:18 am

ShotgunMary: A friend of mine has had her cooler break down every other week all summer long. She would like to get a new cooler, but can't really afford it. So far she's been lucky to get used parts and she knows a couple guys who don't charge much for helping out or will even do some things for free. But still it's a pain in the neck when you never know when you're cooler is going to crap out on you!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby BoraxBill » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:39 am

twister: If you're friend survived this long, she's in the clear for the next several months. No need for a cooler now probably until about the end of April 2020. Of course, she'll need to get her furnace going pretty soon. How's that working for her?
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby twister » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:32 am

BoraxBill: She got the furnace going with the help of a local handyman. He only charged $20. So it looks like she's set until the weather heats up, but the handyman said he might be able to get her cooler going and he's reasonable when it comes to the amount of money he charges. He's not one of those who gouges customers for everything he can get.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby tronagirl » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:31 am

Why does my cooler have a funny smell ?
This guy is not providing accurate info. From the comments:
Well, this ad was no help. "Get it fixed". lol
I fought fishy odors for years. I finally fixed the problem. And no, it wasn't calling this guy to replace everything for hundreds of dollars. LOL
I tried scrubbing, cleaning, painting the sump, water filters, bleach, vinegar, bleed lines, drains, zinc anodes and chlorine blocks. All to no avail.
The problem is not bacteria. It is mold. Unlike bacteria, mold never dies. It simply hibernates until moisture returns.
In Denver I had a condo that was devastated by mold. A hazmat company was called in to repair the water damage. Crews of men came in to remove insulation, carpet, etc and treat the mold. And so here comes the million dollar answer....baking soda. They used a very expensive spray to encapsulate the mold. The spray's ingredients were just water and 5% baking soda. For some reason, you can look up, baking soda encapsulates mold and prevents it from ever returning to life.
Using this memory, I dumped an old box of generic baking soda into my swamp cooler. The results were noticeable. A few days later I went up again and dumped another old box into the Master Cool. But this time I did it with the pump running, bleed line closed, and I dumped the soda slowly into the pump basket itself to make sure plenty of the soda got into the pump and into the ten year old cooling pads. And then I let the pump run for several hours.
Everyone was telling me to replace my old pads, but those pads are crazy expensive and visually there was nothing wrong with them.
So here I am, using my Master Cool evaporative cooler with 10 year old pads and the cooler smells like pine fresh mountain air. There's no fishy odor at all. And I'm not even using fresh water! It's been a week now and smelling better every day.
This is it! The solution to any fowl cooler odors. You have mold. And baking soda encapsulates mold. It's what the pros use to kill mold smell. But you have to get the baking soda onto the mold. And it has to be wet. Because the mold drinks the water and consumes the baking sodas that way, and that's what encapsulates the mold.
Read up on it, and send me the $200 this guy would change you.

tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Want Ads