Scams

Want to sell something? Have a request? Want to give something away? Advertise local services, etc. here.

Re: Scams

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:16 am

ergot: Like most good God-fearing people whenever someone I don't know calls me up and wants to sell me something, or sign up for something, or tells me I won something, or wants to talk money in any way, I simply cuss the jerk out. I try to be creative and unleash an intense string of profanities just for the fun of it and to possibly teach the jerk a lesson.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:33 am

CrustyOldFart wrote:ergot: Like most good God-fearing people whenever someone I don't know calls me up and wants to sell me something, or sign up for something, or tells me I won something, or wants to talk money in any way, I simply cuss the jerk out. I try to be creative and unleash an intense string of profanities just for the fun of it and to possibly teach the jerk a lesson.

Agree, sometimes the rant can be the best thing to happen to me all day. It is a game to chew their butts and see how degrading I can be. I don't even care if they are working from home feeding 8 kids and housing aged in laws while the wife is serving time for hooking.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby BoraxBill » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:13 am

What's most annoying are the robocalls. It's pointless to cuss them out. No satisfaction in that. Hanging up as quickly as possible is the best policy. I need to get on one of those don't call lists. The phone company probably ought to take care of that as an automatic option. Not sure why they don't.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby tronagirl » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:19 am

FBI warns about 'virtual kidnapping' especially around Spring Break
I know a few people who are so fed up with their kids that they'd probably laugh if someone tried this scam on them!
:laugh:
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:40 am

Scammers threaten residents for missing jury duty
There's plenty of people that would say that jury duty itself is a scam, but in this scam the scammer says you missed jury duty when you didn't even know you had it and then demands that you pay a fine in order to avoid being arrested.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby recluse » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:48 am

2 On Your Side: Tax-Prep Scams
Most people are skeptical enough not to fall for this kind of thing, but not everyone!
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby MojaveMike » Sat May 19, 2018 6:43 am

Scam Targets Husbands: 'I Know What Secrets You're Hiding From Your Wife'
Sent by old-fashioned snail mail? But they want payment in bitcoin? Very strange scam!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Sweepstakes, lottery scams cost Americans more than $100M in 2017
Just when you think you won, you really lose!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby ergot » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:23 pm

Sparky of SoCal wrote:
CrustyOldFart wrote:ergot: Like most good God-fearing people whenever someone I don't know calls me up and wants to sell me something, or sign up for something, or tells me I won something, or wants to talk money in any way, I simply cuss the jerk out. I try to be creative and unleash an intense string of profanities just for the fun of it and to possibly teach the jerk a lesson.

Agree, sometimes the rant can be the best thing to happen to me all day. It is a game to chew their butts and see how degrading I can be. I don't even care if they are working from home feeding 8 kids and housing aged in laws while the wife is serving time for hooking.

Great attitude! We need more proud Americans to stand up and cuss out the low-life who try to trick or take advantage of others through the use of one scam or another. Enough verbal abuse and maybe the scammers will change their wicked ways and find honest ways to earn money. Who am I fooling? There will always be degenerates who prey on the weaknesses of others. SNAFU
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:28 am

Exclusive: New warning about scams at gas pumps
IMHO the gas station should be held liable anytime this sort of fraud is perpetrated. It is their responsibility to ensure that their devices are safe.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Want Ads