Amazon Scams

Want to sell something? Have a request? Want to give something away? Advertise local services, etc. here.

Re: Scams

Postby ergot » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:14 am

New email scam hopes to con Amazon shoppers
Watch out for imposter emails which are socially engineered to get you to click a dangerous link. If the email looks suspicious, delete!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Scams

Postby shadylady » Thu May 04, 2017 6:17 am

Another scam of sorts is Whole Foods. They aren't as bad as the Amazon Prime Pantry scam, but they are pretty bad just the same. I suppose selling over-priced produce and other supposedly healthy items isn't technically a scam except that the implied health benefits often are exaggerated and so there is some basic dishonesty going on there!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Amazon Scams

Postby drdesert » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:33 am

My suggestion is that the posts regarding Amazon Scams be pulled out of the general Scams thread and relocated here. Amazon acts as if it is above the law and the company obviously has little concern for ethics. Post your complaints here!
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Re: Amazon Scams

Postby shadylady » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:29 am

Hopefully the partnership between Google and Walmart will put some pressure on Amazon to improve the value of their services. I agree with previous posts regarding Amazon Pantry. It's a scam and just a cheap way of charging customers extra for shipping. Totally unjustified, but at this point there's no telling how Google and Walmart will deal with the items covered by Amazon Pantry.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:33 am

Amazon announces new service to prevent packages thefts
At first it seems like it might be a good idea, but then reality sets in. Not only is the system ridiculously expensive, but it may introduce more security concerns than it solves.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:42 pm

2017 Amazon Holiday Commercial - "Give"
It's all about giving... I mean profits! :dizzy:
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby BallaratBob » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:46 am

tronagirl: It's nice to know that the corporate gods approve of holiday giving! So heart-warming! And only an Ebenezer Scrooge could object to the cute little girl at the end of the commercial receiving that special package from Santa... I mean Amazon! Ugh!!!
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby tronagirl » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:12 pm

‘Grinch-Bots’ Buy Holiday Toys, Resell With Huge Markups
Although not directly Amazon's fault, Amazon isn't doing anything to stop this. Same for eBay, but we don't have an eBay thread.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:43 am

tronagirl: I would just add that by enabling this kind of abuse that Amazon is part of the problem. Add to that the fact that they profit from this way of doing business and it is fair to hold them responsible and criminally negligent. To a lesser extent eBay would also be responsible, but their business model is significantly different from that of Amazon and this mitigates their level of culpability, IMHO.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 am

Amazon Go lets you skip the checkout line
It sounds like lots of mistakes could be made. Customer service could be busy dealing with complaints about false charges. This is definitely still in the testing phase!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Want Ads