Amazon Scams

Want to sell something? Have a request? Want to give something away? Advertise local services, etc. here.

Re: Amazon Scams

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:14 am

tronagirl: Amazon Go could be convenient, but I expect that it will only be seen in affluent neighborhoods for quite awhile. It's one thing to test something like this in Silicon Valley and quite another issue to test this kind of thing in a high crime area.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:31 am

panamint_patty: High crime areas are toxic. Nothing flourishes there except crime. It's too bad our prison system can't hold all the degenerates who ruin things for everyone else. As for Amazon, at least they're trying new things. They may not be perfect, but they are far from being the scum of the Earth!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:50 am

How A Scam Called “Brushing” Is Used To Inflate Online Reviews
This is very strange. Customers receiving free stuff and the problem isn't Amazon, but unknown people attempting to manipulate Amazon's rating system.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu May 10, 2018 4:04 pm

How to avoid the Amazon Prime price hike
The best way to avoid this price hike is to not buy from Amazon.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby ergot » Thu May 10, 2018 9:19 pm

How can the cost of something double? Are they adding all sorts of services to the Prime package? It would take a lot to justify doubling the price!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri May 11, 2018 6:33 am

Had me scared for a minute. When I googled I found out that it's only going up to $119 on three other websites. Also if you read the comment section on the video you posted they agree with the 119, one even calling the video fake news which it probably is. Still 20% is a huge increase. I will probably stay with them though as it saves me quite a lot of money. Will they be offering any additional services for that amount? I don't use any of the new ones they added now but since I live in the boonies their service is much appreciated... Except for the pantry pride discount which is a rip off and a slap in the face to 99% of Amazon's loyal customers. I would have to own a restaurant in Alaska or something in order to make that one work.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Mon May 14, 2018 7:22 am

Still seems like a large rate increase, but at least not completely ridiculous. If they included the Pantry service at that price then it might be worth it, but even with the music and video offerings Prime seems overpriced as it is and adding twenty percent seems hard to actually justify.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:13 am

Amazon data breach exposes customer names, emails
More online data security troubles!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby camel » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Couple leaves poop package for porch pirates :poop:
Not a scam in the usual sense... but it does involve an Amazon package!
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby BallaratBob » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:21 am

I've noticed that Amazon often price gouges to a point of absurdity. I saw an item I could get at WalMart for about $4 selling on Amazon for almost $17. Another item I could get at Big5 for about $120 was listed on Amazon for just over $250. It's almost criminal to overcharge by that much. There should be a law that limits the amount that can be charged for an item and that keeps companies like Amazon from doing this sort of dishonest thing.
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

PreviousNext

Return to Want Ads