Off Topic Posts

Information pertaining specifically to tronanews.com. Board policy, user information, etc. posted here.

Re: Off Topic Posts

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:56 am

CactusHugger wrote:I agree with sandman. Sticking closely to the topic of a thread helps maintain the integrity of the thread. At the same time, starting a new thread for every variation of a topic theme gets a little tedious and annoying. It's hard to know when to start a thread and when to post something which is related, but not exactly on topic to an existing thread. Hopefully moderators toss out off-topic posts on a regular basis and combine threads as necessary.

I know that wildrose and cactuspete do a good job as moderators. As the number of posts increases good moderation becomes more and more important.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:46 am

I have no complaints about any off-topic posts recently. People have done a great job of sticking to the topic they're posting under for the most part. Sometimes I think it's hard to decide whether to post under an existing topic or to start a new thread. The moderators do a good job of combining threads when necessary IMHO.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:10 am

CrustyOldFart wrote:I have no complaints about any off-topic posts recently. People have done a great job of sticking to the topic they're posting under for the most part. Sometimes I think it's hard to decide whether to post under an existing topic or to start a new thread. The moderators do a good job of combining threads when necessary IMHO.

Thank-you for your vote of confidence. Not everybody is as supportive, but we do the best we can.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:31 am

wildrose wrote:
CrustyOldFart wrote:I have no complaints about any off-topic posts recently. People have done a great job of sticking to the topic they're posting under for the most part. Sometimes I think it's hard to decide whether to post under an existing topic or to start a new thread. The moderators do a good job of combining threads when necessary IMHO.

Thank-you for your vote of confidence. Not everybody is as supportive, but we do the best we can.

At over 33K views, this thread about OFF TOPIC POSTS has become a HOT TOPIC! :thumb:
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby recluse » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Here's a good Idea. Have a Point
Words of wisdom! :bow:
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrfish » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:47 am

recluse: Words of wisdom, indeed! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby camel » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:27 am

And never post without a purpose as opposed to a porpoise. It's good to have a point. It's even better to have something worth saying. But it's also not bad to just add your two cents from time to time or to just say HI!
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:44 am

IMHO the CLOWN WORLD thread should moved from the News forum to the Tech forum since it deals with memes and not news.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cactuspete » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:17 am

CrustyOldFart wrote:IMHO the CLOWN WORLD thread should moved from the News forum to the Tech forum since it deals with memes and not news.

Move complete. Your suggestion made sense and so it was implemented.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:31 am

The decision was made by cactuspete and I to move the PERCEPTIONS OF TRONA thread from the Hiking and Exploring forum to the Local News forum. A couple members suggested that change and it seemed to make sense to us and so after conferring with blackturtle.us, we went ahead and made the change.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Board Information