NEW USERS

Information pertaining specifically to tronanews.com. Board policy, user information, etc. posted here.

Re: Bot Trouble

Postby desertrat » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:28 am

cactuspete: Apparently you're getting hit up by dumb bots as opposed to smart bots. Good artificial intelligence would catch that message and figure out how to deal with it, but apparently it's not so easy to teach a dumb bot a trick like that!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Bot Trouble

Postby sandman » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:04 pm

desertrat wrote:cactuspete: Apparently you're getting hit up by dumb bots as opposed to smart bots. Good artificial intelligence would catch that message and figure out how to deal with it, but apparently it's not so easy to teach a dumb bot a trick like that!

Yeah right. It's not easy to teach a dumb bot a new trick! :laugh:
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Re: NEW USERS

Postby shotgunmary » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:07 am

Every Which Way But Loose- Film Location- Ma vs The Black Widows
It ain't so hard to sign up and get going on Trona News and it ain't hard to take on a gang of motorcycle dweebs either!
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby wildrose » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:27 am

ShotgunMary: As our newest user, you're off to a great start! Good to see a new face around here!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:18 am

I was looking at the ranks that different users have and I noticed that they've changed a little. I definitely don't recall one called Prehistoric Fossil before. I noticde that there are three users in that category and another three in the Ancient Bristlecone category. I'm in the third group which is Backcountry Hiker. Under that there's Lonesome Miner and Cantankerous Mule and Fleabitten Varmint and then Greenhorn for everyone else. I know something changed somewhere along the way, but it's all good as far as I'm concerned!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby camel » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:52 am

I like the new ranking system. It's kind of fun and increasing the number of ranks is a good idea. Maybe a couple ranks above the highest poster would be a good idea. Although it would be hard to catch up to wildrose and so maybe not.
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Re: RANKING SYSTEM

Postby CrustyOldFart » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:23 am

Ranking systems are one of the fun things about message boards such as this one. Also the sense of community that develops. None of that cheap FakeBook stuff or that only see what we let you see stuff at corporate websites. People just say it the way it is on message boards!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby recluse » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:37 am

Ranking systems are fine as long as they don't get too silly. I don't pay much attention to them, but I'm sure that some people think they're a cute little gimmick.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:24 am

Did you notice that surfsteve stopped posting right after the ranking system was changed? Maybe he didn't like being called a Prehistoric Fossil! Doesn't seem to bother wildrose or cactuspete. LOL
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:33 am

shadylady wrote:Did you notice that surfsteve stopped posting right after the ranking system was changed? Maybe he didn't like being called a Prehistoric Fossil! Doesn't seem to bother wildrose or cactuspete. LOL

Yeah, I noticed that and what I heard is that he moved due to complications caused by the earthquake. Don't know that to be fact, but the timing of his absence would support that explanation.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Board Information