Board Update

Information pertaining specifically to tronanews.com. Board policy, user information, etc. posted here.

Re: Board Update

Postby James Sel » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:02 am

It's nice to see the numbers have finally started to go back up since the board changed. :bounce:
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby panamint_patty » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:47 am

BTW, I never mentioned that I really like the reorganized categories and topics. Looks like you did a little housekeeping, blackturtle!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby admin » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:23 am

Actions taken today:
1) Deleted nearly 2000 spam account requests. It's possible that a couple legitimate requests were in there, but there's no way for me to find them unless new users follow the directions shown in the NEW USERS thread.
2) Moved Surveillance Nation thread from NEWS AND ISSUES to TECHNOLOGY AND GADGETS.
3) Merged: Out of Control Cops thread with Legal Reform thread in the NEWS AND ISSUES FORUM.
admin
Site Admin

Postby deathvalleyjake » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:37 am

Good call on combining "Out of Control Cops thread with Legal Reform thread in the NEWS AND ISSUES FORUM." I should have noticed that there was a thread called Legal Reform and made a post there instead of starting a new thread, but there are getting to be a ton of threads on this board. It's probably not good to have dozens of short threads since that makes it even more difficult to track information down.
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:47 am

admin and deathvalleyjake: Culling out the crap and combining threads is a good way to keep the message board organized and comprehensible to users, especially to new users. When there's too much redundancy it gets hard to locate interesting discussions. I sometimes even visit the old stuff linked to in the OLD FORUM thread. There are some good posts there.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:12 am

I notice that the board has over 6600 total posts and I agree that culling out junk and combining or moving threads is a good way to maintain the integrity of this message board. A little curating can go a long way. I've noticed that sometimes it's hard to decide what is Local News and what belongs in News and Issues. Several threads could go either way. I could see both the Common Core and The Confederate Flag Debate threads being moved to Local News, for instance.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:28 am

shadylady: I'll second that! I can see both Common Core and the thread about the Rebel flag being moved to Local News. Both have local relevance and so why not move them there? As long as we have Rebel flag flyers and Common Core haters in town, we might as well move them posts!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby twister » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:11 am

shadylady: Looks like your wish has been granted. I've gotta say that both topics have a lot of local relevance. Especially the Common Core topic. I've been in a few conversations with people about the education system and most people have issues with Common Core. No one has had anything good to say.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby admin » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:27 pm

Several Topics Merged:
1) Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence merged with UFOs and Aliens under Local History.
2) GMOs and Frankenfoods merged with Food is Weird and moved to Desert Gardening Tips.
3) Copyright Cutthroats merged with Copyright Law in Board Information.

ALSO: Over 1200 spam accounts deleted.
admin
Site Admin

Postby ergot » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:21 pm

admin: That's a ton of spam! I wonder how many thousands of members there would be if you didn't delete all that spam. That's probably why lots of message boards on the internet have so many members.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Board Information