Russian Hackers or Lame Excuses?

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Russian Hackers or Lame Excuses?

Postby mrfish » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:12 am

Putin: You really think two, three Russians can affect US election?
The problem is that blaming others for our own problems which are the result of our own internal affairs produces the false belief that we don't need to do anything about our own affairs and to solve our own problems.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cactuspete » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:16 am

Congrats CNN, you finally caught Russians swaying millions of US voters with this 3-level game :wtf:
Whoever made this game made it as a joke. It's really irrelevant whether it was made by someone from Russia or any other country. It's just a joke and CNN wants to turn it into some kind of plot to sway the election. CNN isn't gaining any credibility points on this one. In fact, their credibility rating might be at an all-time low!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Family of slain DNC staffer speaks out
All evidence in this case is circumstantial. There is no hard evidence indicating when, how, and by who the data was transferred. We don't know if it was transferred via internet connection or through physical media (such as a thumb drive). All is speculative. However, we do know that Seth Rich had inside knowledge and access to the DNC server. Also the timing of his murder is suspicious. There is more evidence tying Seth Rich to the DNC leak than tying any particular group of hackers (domestic or foreign) to the leak. Also there is more evidence supporting the contention that Seth Rich was murdered by DNC insiders than there is supporting the contention that the Kremlin had a spy poisoned in the UK recently. So although ABC news seems to be assisting with the cover up here, the cover up is not at all convincing. In fact, I'm surprised they even brought it up again. In any case, whoever is responsible for the DNC leak should be regarded as a hero.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cactuspete » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:25 am

mrgreen: Absolutely. The chances that the Russians had anything to do with the leak are pretty slim. The chances that it was an internal leak are quite high. There are plenty of reasons why insiders (particularly Bernie Sanders supporters) might want to leak the info. The Russians wouldn't have had a clue about any of that! Also your point about the Kremlin and the poisoning of a former spy in the UK is valid. Why does our press invent conspiracies involving Russia while ignoring those involving the DNC? Seems quite suspicious to me!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:02 am

The Psychology of Telford and Skripal
The scapegoating of Russia
Ramzpaul covers a lot of ground in this video, but it all works together to make a fairly profound point. Most interesting is the way he employs the psychological manipulation techniques typically used by libtards and directs them towards the libtards themselves. A lot of excellent points made in this video.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:24 pm

CNN attempts to link Facebook & Cambridge Analytica scandal to... Russia
It's all nonsense, but who cares?!! :wtf:
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:11 am

mrfish: I stopped taking CNN seriously years ago. They are anything but a reliable news source. I still watch some of their news clips, but I'm always skeptical of anything they say, especially after the last big election where they were so blatantly and obviously supporting one candidate over the other.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:21 pm

BREAKING COMEDY: CIA Boss - US Is Meddling In Foreign Elections For Their Own Good, Not Like Russia
We all know that our intelligent agencies routinely do things far worse than what we've accused the Russians of doing. So why all the outrage? Especially when you consider that the evidence doesn't add up to anything close to convincing!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby desertrat » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:33 am

This latest round of bullshit involving the poisoning of a former spy in the UK is just more of the same. Evidence? Who needs it? Circumstances may provide a basis for a motive, but there are plenty of other theories that need to be considered. Why would Putin do something like this days before an election? Are Russian voters impressed by this kind of thing? I doubt it. So, it would seem that perhaps someone else did this in an attempt to make Russia look bad or to provide an excuse to act against Russia.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:19 am

Novichok nerve agent is only made in Russia. Maybe, I'm not sure, but they have the only recipe for it. So for this event the English Government would have had to lie about that being the cause. Possible but that would be taking a big risk. Russia goofing off and causing turmoil by people thinking they high-jacked election I go with that. They really did nothing but cause a a frenzy with fake news. Rogue agent trying to help Putin, I buy that also.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues