Presidential Elections

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Presidential Elections

Postby wildrose » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:59 am

Presidential Debate 2012 Analysis: Who Won 1st Debate?
Nothing special. No clear winner. Basically it was a tie, but Romney undid some of the damage he's done in the last couple weeks.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:27 am

I believe it was a contest to see who could be the biggest liar and that Romney won.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:53 am

Obama and Romney's first presidential debate
The segments of the debate shown in this clip show Romney on the defensive and Obama making some valid points. I haven't had a chance to watch the entire debate yet, but Romney's rhetoric seems empty from what I see here. Other reports suggest that Romney flip-flopped in the middle of the debate, revising his tax plan again. Obama called him on this and Romney sort of hemmed and hawed and pretended that everything was as it always was.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby mrgreen » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:49 pm

WHO WON? :mrgreen:
I think Obama allowed Romney to dig a deep hole by not challenging any of his lies. It's a set up for the upcoming debates.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:13 am

7-Eleven Coffee Can Predict Elections
This poll might be skewed against Romney since his supporters are less likely to drink coffee!
7-Election Poll: http://www.7-eleven.com/7-election
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 am

Romney Reversal: I Was "Completely Wrong" About 47 Percent
Some people say that Romney has changed his tune since being nominated as the Republican presidential candidate. Before being nominated he had to appeal to hardcore GOP types, now he can allow his moderate tendencies to show. Some would say that he has flip-flopped and others would say that he's just being a crafty politician.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Debate Highlights Songified!
I don't think this debate is much better songified, but at least this is a little bit amusing.
:roll:
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:56 pm

The pasture's name is David Manning and oddly enough he is one of the few people man enough to stand up to the past and present administration's corruption besides Bradley Manning. I don't think they are related though. The other guy is some guy nobody ever heard of that is running for president, just like all the other guys that aren't mentioned that aren't either of the two choices that have been forced down our throats.

Check out what this pasture had to say about the debates
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby a2z » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Mitt Romney Style
The part where he puts the 47% sign on the back of the waiter and then laughs behind his back is exactly the way I see Mitt Romney. Anyone who makes less than two million dollars per year and who votes for Romney is a complete and hopeless idiot! You'd be better off shooting yourself in the head! On the other hand, if you have tons of cash, he'll help you get even more! And you won't need to worry about sharing any of it with the deadbeat 47% either!
:mad3:
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:14 pm

It's not just Romney that is full of BS either. Both candidates are proven liars. In my opinion they just put Obama into office to do do the initial dirty work like passing the indefinite detention bill. If indeed he intends to keep his word that he will never use it then the people behind the bill have no interest in seeing him re elected...
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to News and Issues