Racism and Hypersensitivity

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Racism and Hypersensitivity

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:54 am

Halloween decorations cause social media firestorm
Someone sees a zombie hanging from a tree and automatically in their mind distorts that into a black person being lynched. That person is a racist and/or hypersensitive about racial issues and that person is the real problem. People sometimes have a hard time letting go of the past and racism in the USA has not been the real issue since the 1960s. The real issue is giving up racism as an excuse or crutch and getting on with your life already!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby MojaveMike » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:16 pm

Backlash over Oscar nominations :roll2:
The question is whether nominations should be based strictly on merit or if race should be a factor in the selection of nominees. I believe in a merit-based society and don't think that nominees should be named to fulfill some kind of racial quota. To do otherwise would be to undermine the value of the honor of winning the award.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:56 pm

Is America Racist?
Interesting collection of FACTS as opposed to BS emotional ranting.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:28 pm

What Discrimination Looks Like In America
I'll only provide the link, since this video contains more than the daily recommended maximum for bullshit. So, watch it if you must, but I recommend you just read some of the comments left to it instead:
Nice SJW video TestTube. Come on guys, at least try. (353 thumbs ups, so far)

If you are black in America you are likely to live in a dysfunctional family due to an absentee father, you are likely to live at a lower standard of living in that single parent, absentee father home, you are more likely as a young person to be injured or killed by other black Americans, you are more likely as an adult to be victimized by other black Americans, you are less likely to have the familial and community support which can assure a proper education. I could go on but I think you get the idea that the racism cited is hardly a one way street.

Lets solve this by being racist to whites and always put minorities first and give them preferential treatment!

Guys, remember not to react™ to this video!

You know what discrimination looks like?..
It looks like AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, it looks like workplace MINORITY QUOTAS,
it looks like having BLACK HISTORY CHANNEL BUT NO WHITE HISTORY CHANNEL,
it looks like Beyonce dancing with the BLACK PANTHERS WEARING GUNS ON LIVE TV without anyone batting an eye,
it looks like VIRTUALLY NO BLACK PEOPLE EVER BEING CHARGED WITH HATE CRIMES,
it looks like WHITE ON BLACK CRIME GETTING TV PRIME TIME BUT NOT THE INVERSE,
it looks like BEING BANNED & CENSORED FROM FB/TWITTER FOR POINTING OUT THE HYPOCRISY OF THE BLACK LIVES MATTER "EQUALITY" MOVEMENT,
And most of all, it looks like THIS SHITTY VIDEO TRYING TO FURTHER DIVIDE PEOPLE ALONG RACIAL LINES.

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwIjKuitlu8
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:34 am

ergot: I admit that I failed to take your advice and I went and watched the video. You were absolutely right. The fake factoid that got me laughing the hardest was the one about people crossing the street. They assert that black people have to wait longer for a driver to stop so they can cross the street than is the case for white people. What they fail to mention is the race of the drivers. It could be the case that white drivers are more considerate and therefore more likely to stop for pedestrians than is the case for black drivers. The devil is in the details and in this case a key detail was just sort of left out for some reason. Not that anyone cared about making a point more than being a fair and impartial arbiter of the facts or anything.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:47 am

Any remaining reason to believe that anything other than a tiny minority of whites are racist towards minorities is completely made up and manufactured by the media. As the ergot quote shared points out black on white crime is many times more frequent than white on black crime and yet we hear a lot about the one they want us to hear about and we hear nothing about the other. The media does this in many different ways, it's almost pointless to watch media news anymore.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby sandman » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:22 am

CrustyOldFart: Who still watches media news? Mostly I just check out news sites on the internet. Facebook, Google, and YouTube all have lots of news. FactCheck.org is good and then there's also politifact.com, mediamatters.org, drudgereport.com, infowars.com, buzzfeed, and lots of other sites to consider. The more sources and the more different points of view the better is my motto!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby dilbert » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:40 am

Zuckerberg Chides Employees Over Defaced 'Black Lives Matter' Slogans :smack:
Suckerberg and his SJW and PC propaganda need to come to grips with reality. Black Lives Matter is a racist organization which turns the real issues upsidedown and insideout. The problem isn't that whites are racist or that the tech industry doesn't employ enough blacks. The problem is that blacks do nothing to prepare themselves to contribute to society and then complain that they aren't just given jobs for being black.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby CactusHugger » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:13 am

dilbert: The difference between BLM as in Black Lives Matter and the KKK doesn't seem all that great, but they get treated very differently in the media. I'm not sure why more people don't complain about this double standard, but apparently Suckerberg doesn't have an issue with racist propaganda on his message board. Maybe someone should write something positive about the KKK and see how that goes.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrfish » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:34 pm

Chicago - BLM Shuts down Trump Rally
Great rant. I definitely agree. There is a double standard. BLM is just as racist (if not worse) than the KKK.
A reference is made to something called 14/88. Never heard of it before and so I looked it up:
14/88: Common white supremacist code. 14 stands for the "14 words" slogan coined by David Lane, who is serving a 190-year sentence for his part in the assassination of a Jewish talk show host: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." 88 means "Heil Hitler," as H is the eighth letter of the alphabet.

mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues