Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs

Postby MojaveMike » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:45 am

Did This Episode Of Family Guy Correctly Predict The Boston Marathon Bombing?
What I heard is that this is actually two clips that were edited together. Don't know if that's true, but terrorist activity happens all the time and the fact that a bombing was seemingly connected to the Boston Marathon in a Family Guy episode doesn't indicate to me that the writers or producers of the show knew that such an event would happen in the future, but conspiracy nuts believe otherwise... apparently. What if someone writes a story about a nuclear device getting smuggled into the Superbowl and it actually happens sometime during the next ten years? Just because you can imagine something happening and it happens doesn't mean you knew it was going to happen!
:smack:

Old YouTube clip deleted: WCNQq7slV44 (I hate it when old clips get deleted.)
:curse:
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:28 pm

Popular Children's Book Author Reveals The 'Spooky Truth' About Creepy Conspiracy Theories
Chemtrails, Jews, the Illuminati, and more! This book series is like a greatest hits collection of all the wacko conspiracy theories out there. There's probably even one about the 911 Truthers!!!
:laugh:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:59 pm

The Family Guy/Boston Marathon Clip is NOT a Hoax
I'm pretty sure that the following three statements are true:
1) An episode of Family Guy aired several weeks ago which included a scene where runners in the Boston Marathon were killed.
2) Fox is deleting all online copies of this episode.
3) No one is actually saying that the makers of Family Guy actually knew that there was going to be a bomb ignited at the actual Boston Marathon event.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrgreen » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:09 pm

THE VIDEO: Family Guy - Boston Marathon Explosions Attack
I wonder if any of the victims of the bombs in Boston will try suing Fox based on the claim that this Family Guy episode inspired the bombing. The episode is called Turban Cowboy, BTW.
WIKIPEDIA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turban_Cowboy
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Boston Marathon Explosion Oddities

Postby surfsteve » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:19 pm

I've seen a lot of outright crazy conspiracy theories but so far this is the first and only real thing I've found about the Boston marathon explosion that doesn't fit. But if and when I find more I will post them here at a later time.

When I saw THIS VERSION I thought it must have been faked.

But if you pause the Youtube video below at the beginning of 1:42 and then again at 1:43 you will notice the same thing happens. It also happens between the first 23 to 25 seconds of the video but is partly covered up by a banner.

At first I thought the video must have been edited by some hoaxer but when I clicked on the channel it claims to be "the official ABC News Channel". As far as I can tell it is. So whoever edited it appears to be either from ABC News or that they acquired the original video from a hoaxer. Either way it seems kind of far fetched yet there it is in plain sight.

Any theories as to what might have actually happened and why?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:47 pm

Good detective work Mr. Green! I didn't expect anything to come out of this thread except idiotic ridicule. The wiki also claims the clip Mike posted was from two separate episodes.
After the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings, a clip circulated on the Internet using footage from two separate scenes in this episode edited together to make it appear that Family Guy predicted or inspired the bombings.

Either way it's still pretty weird!

At this point it looks nuttier to believe that some crazed lone wolf did the bombings and more likely that somebody wishing to profit from them by ushering in a whole new set of freedom destroying policies was responsible. I suppose though that somebody down the chain, ultimately hired, cultivated or ordered a lone nut to do it for them.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:30 am

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Boston Marathon Explosion Oddities

Postby surfsteve » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:34 pm

Apparently blood and gore is censored from the news all the time and the first video wasn't edited quite right. As this first video below suggests; if they censor the news for this what else are they doing?

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:34 am

If you're going to move my posts over here can you at least change the title? I find it extremely offensive. Plus it doesn't even reflect the subject being discussed.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to News and Issues