Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Conspiracy Theory Nutjobs

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:55 am

From freedom fight to terror: Boston bombers identity shifts US attitudes to Chechnya
Interesting how terrorists can be viewed as freedom fighters depending on one's perspective. Were the people responsible for the 911 attack freedom fighters? Not from my point of view, but I'm sure there are millions of people on the planet who would consider them to be so.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:02 am

surfsteve wrote:There was a time when anybody that thought the world was round was considered a nutjob. But who was actually right? The nutjobs that considered them nutjobs, or the people that looked at all the evidence?

So, are you suggesting that all nutjobs should be taken seriously? For every "nutjob" that has a good point to make there are hundreds who are just plain full of gibberish. To pretend that conpiracy theories regarding 911, chemtrails, global warming, and the like are in any way equivalent to the flat world hypothesis is just plain ridiculous. There are plenty of misconceptions that most of us believe in, but 99% of conpiracy theories are just crazy, paranoid fantasies which distract us from more important matters.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:21 am

I'm simply suggesting that each conspiracy theory should be judged upon it's own merits. A good portion of what you are calling nutjobs only look like that from a flat earth point of view.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:39 pm

OK. Here's my conspiracy theory based on what I know so far:

Alex Jones comes on with a suspicious video implying a bunch of guys in the government may have actually planted the bombs. (Oddity.)

They later correctly turn out to be private security. Similar to Blackwater. (Suspicious.)

Abdul al-Harbi, a Saudi national, is apprehended as a suspect after being tackled by a bystander who believed he had planted the bomb. He was questioned and quickly released. (Oddity.) No reason was given for him being there or why he was released so quickly. (Suspicious,)

Meanwhile one Million people are placed under virtual house arrest while police go after 2 suspects that look like the guys in the Alex Jones video.

If the suspects are for real, the government they work for is considered a terrorist nation but no mention of state sponsored terrorism is even mentioned nor even implied. (Oddity.)

My theory? It seems like the 2 captured brothers could be patsies and that Alex Jones was set up with information implicating the government as usual. But the evidence is more in line with an international conspiracy that just happens to fall into Obama's lap. Maybe even the private security company was set up as a 2nd patsy for the conspiracy nut jobs to blame.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:16 am

Glenn Beck and Alex Jones - Men who know too much
It's kind of ironic to accuse two of the most idiotic conspiracy theory nutjobs on the planet of knowing too much, but you never know, anything is possible, and by anything they really do mean ANYTHING!
:laugh:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:52 am

Frankly I will be surprised if either one of those two comes up with anything original that's not already being widely reported.

Below is a video showing someone that looks like the first suspect that was shot and killed, being stripped of his clothes and led into a police car.
It is unclear but I think this must have happened before the suspect was shot by the police.

While it's possible that he was just someone that they confused with the suspect, it has yet to be reported who this guy actually was. It's not a far stretch to believe he may have been the same person that was later reported to be fatally shot by the police.

It has also been reported that Michelle Obama visited a children's hospital that was reported to be in the same area where Abdul al-Harbi is staying. If you remember, Abdul al-Harbi is the Saudi national that was tackled by someone who believed he was the bomber before it was blamed on the two brothers.

It is alleged that the Saudi national Abdul al-Harbi has strong ties to Muslim radicals and that in addition to 15 of the 19 suspected terrorists being Saudis, there are many al-Harbi's still being held in Guantanamo bay as well as being alleged members of al-Qaeda and having significant ties to other terrorist attacks.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:09 am

Abdul Rahman Ali Al-Harbi, bombing ‘person of interest’ has 6 Saudi ‘terrorists’ in family,5 more are in Gitmo

Okaz, the same prominent Saudi newspaper, that published photos of Abdul Rahman Ali Issa Al-Salimi Al-Harbi in the hospital after the Boston marathon bombings, is now reporting that the Saudi national was also visited by the first lady of the United States, Michelle Obama during his hospital stay.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:34 am

surfsteve wrote:Frankly I will be surprised if either one of those two comes up with anything original that's not already being widely reported.

Below is a video showing someone that looks like the first suspect that was shot and killed, being stripped of his clothes and led into a police car.
It is unclear but I think this must have happened before the suspect was shot by the police.

While it's possible that he was just someone that they confused with the suspect, it has yet to be reported who this guy actually was. It's not a far stretch to believe he may have been the same person that was later reported to be fatally shot by the police.

It has also been reported that Michelle Obama visited a children's hospital that was reported to be in the same area where Abdul al-Harbi is staying. If you remember, Abdul al-Harbi is the Saudi national that was tackled by someone who believed he was the bomber before it was blamed on the two brothers.

It is alleged that the Saudi national Abdul al-Harbi has strong ties to Muslim radicals and that in addition to 15 of the 19 suspected terrorists being Saudis, there are many al-Harbi's still being held in Guantanamo bay as well as being alleged members of al-Qaeda and having significant ties to other terrorist attacks.

According to this website, a suspect (probably the naked man) was captured and later released by police AFTER (and not before as I had thought) the 7-11 incident and the fatal shooting of the police officer.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:53 am

Boston lockdown: The new normal?
This is a great discussion of freedom in the USA. People who spend time speculating about conspiracy theories completely miss the real issue here. The government doesn't waste time planning terror attacks. They don't have to! There will always be plenty of nutjobs out there who want to blow things up or shoot people for one reason or another. That's never going to change. What the government spends time on is planning on how to take advantage of terror attacks. That's where they whittle away at our freedoms and that's the point of this insightful video!
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:28 am

Welcome to the real Prison Planet! I think that the lockdown is a trial of what is about to take place for the entire country. Ironic that this is all being forced to take place in a thread titled “Conspiracy Nutjobs”. A thread which I can neither conform to or deny that it exists!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues