White Privilege (aka, INTELLIGENCE)

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: White Privilege (aka, MATURITY)

Postby desertrat » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:16 am

Airheads brainwashed by media narrative
The mere fact that it requires soul searching to find the slightest trace of an impulse which can be misinterpreted as something that can be misconstrued as racism proves that the vast majority of whites are not racist. Racism is a great crutch and mainstream media is hellbent on keeping that crutch available to those who cling to racism as an excuse for their miserable failings.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:37 am

Matthew 7:5 wrote:
Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

At this point there is only a speck on racism left in whites, while blacks in particular have a huge amount lingering in them. They project that onto whites and complain vociferously and some whites are gullible enough to feel guilty about a past that they never participated in and which few of their relatives from the past had anything to do with. Obviously some blacks have moved past racism and some whites are still racist, but those are the exceptions at this point in time. To add to complexity of past grievances, blacks were rounded up by other blacks in Africa who got rich from selling other blacks all around the world. Even the Bible speaks of slavery as if it's a normal thing. Countries of the Muslim faith were among the last to give up slavery with some countries in Africa still allowing slavery. As for other minority groups, Asians never bought into the myth of racism and Hispanics are split with some hoping to benefit from the excuses that racism offers them and others following the example set by Asians.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:44 am

The success in the USA of different racial groups is best looked at through the lens of intelligence. Here are the average IQs of various ethnic groups:
Ashkenazi Jews...110
East Asians... 105
Western Europeans... 100
Other Europeans... 95
American Indians... 90
Hispanic-Americans... 89
Southeast Asians... 87
Pacific Islanders... 85
African-Americans... 85
South Asians... 84
North Africans... 84
Sub-Saharan Africans... 70
Australian Aborigines... 62

The perception of racism is caused by lack of success. It's hard for people to accept that they are the cause of their own problem and obviously there's not much one can do about one's own genetic endowment. The important thing here is that we as a society need to move beyond this idea that it is racism that holds people back. There are genetic differences between racial groups which account for the relative success of different ethnic groups. That being said it should be recognized that the smartest Aborigine is more intelligent than the dumbest Ashkenazi Jew and so it is always important to treat people as individuals and not automatically assume anything based on their apparent ethnicity.
http://aristocratsofthesoul.com/average-iq-by-race-and-ethnicity/
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:28 am

I'm not going to right out and say the statistics in that article is right or wrong, left or right. What I don't understand stand where did the information for the "latest studies " come from. Was it a study where test from all across the world were assembled by a trained and structured format able to withstand review by others. How old is that study really? Possibly the 1930's? Where was the study done? Possibly in a Central Europe? Maybe Oxford or Harvard? Maybe USC or Baylor? See where I'm going with this? Is that article news or false news?
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dzrtdwg » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:43 am

Spark of SoCal: Regardless of where MojaveMike got the stats, you gotta admit that they square up extremely well with reality.
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:51 am

The pattern that I read is the "IQ" seems to follow educational opportunities more than ones race. Is that possibly another way to read the "stats"? For years neighborhoods were many times separated my by race. Schools were isolated by race because of the neighborhoods that served. I know the High School that I attended, a public school, had one black in my graduating class. He was my class President at least twice. He was also on the debate team. I tend to think a kid of color growing up in Watts or Compton at the same time didn't get the same educational opportunities I did in the suburbs. So numbers may line up but the point I want to make is that maybe the numbers need to be carried out a little further.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:23 pm

I've seen almost identical numbers based on military intelligence testing. The tests are supposed to measure IQ independent of educational level. The military developed IQ tests to screen out people of really low intelligence because a person below a certain IQ is too much of a liability and puts other soldiers at risk.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:49 pm

The stats listed by MojaveMike are pretty irrefutable. The media suppresses these stats and usually attempts to weakly refute differences in apparent intelligence using a number of standard pretexts which fit the SJW narrative. I first came across the stats a few years ago while doing research for a college social science class. I recall a discussion in class about the stats and how anyone who wants to get grant money or keep a job working at a politically correct institution (such as a college or university) just doesn't go there, except in private conversations with trusted colleagues. In other words, although I can't recall where I came across the stats the first time I saw them, I do know that they are pretty solid. As time goes on they matter less and less as more and more interracial offspring are produced. However, of all the stats ever produced by social science that have any real social significance, they are among the most solid and irrefutable... and the most controversial and politically incorrect. Sometimes the truth is like that though.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:26 pm

Where do the facts come from? What study?
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:41 pm

Sparky of SoCal wrote:Where do the facts come from? What study?

The document I saw was internal to the military. I had a close friend in human resources and we had an ongoing discussion about the heritability of intelligence. I started on the side of environmental factors, but eventually I had to admit that genetics is more important. The data on race astonished me at first. I'm sure there are publicly available studies, but I'm not one of those people who keep a file full of that kind of thing.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues