White Privilege (aka, INTELLIGENCE)

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: White Privilege

Postby desertrat » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:41 am

It almost seems racist to use the term WHITE PRIVILEGE since obviously it's available to anyone regardless of race with the good sense to be polite and abstain from the commission of criminal acts. Also I've gotta agree completely with what surfsteve said about there being no such thing as white privilege, but black privilege is for real and it has been legislated into law and goes by the name of affirmative action!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CactusHugger » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:32 pm

Charles Barkley Calls Ferguson Protesters “Scumbags” and Agrees with Grand Jury Decision
Barkley speaks the truth. The problems that black people complain about are caused by other black people. Kids who do well in school are teased by their thug friends that they are acting too white. Yeah, the problem is systemic, but it's not the fault of anyone but Blacks who hold other Blacks down. So, in a way, maybe white privilege is not having black people holding you back and intimidating you into not trying to improve your situation.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CactusHugger » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:40 pm

Charles Barkley -- I'll Never Do Social Media ... I Don't Wanna Talk to Idiots
Barkley is the man! He's as real as it gets!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby sandman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:55 am

What Barkley says makes a lot of sense. Anyone can achieve according to their abilities in America. There are tons of programs that provide financial aid to people who don't have the funds to go to school and that money is available to anyone who is willing to work hard enough to make it through college. There's no real excuse for not being able to get a good job especially since minorities are given preferential treatment when it comes to the hiring process.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:24 am

sandman: I agree that there's no excuse, but if you sabotage your own chances of success by doing drugs, having a kid before you're even an adult, or not working hard in school, and on top of that everyone around you does the same and encourages you to party all the time, then your only chance is if someone outside your community gives you a helping hand. There's plenty of help out there, but many fail to take advantage of available opportunities and then they turn around and blame others for failing to do enough for them. I think it's known as playing the victim no matter how much your own problems are your own darn fault.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby hungrybill » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:31 am

I've heard a lot in the media about pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps whenever the topic of white privilege is raised. The truth is that no one needs to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps anymore since there are so many social programs out there to help anyone who is willing to do the least little thing to better themselves and get ahead a little. There's no excuse for all this whining about white privilege.
hungrybill
Greenhorn

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:12 am

hungrybill wrote:I've heard a lot in the media about pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps whenever the topic of white privilege is raised. The truth is that no one needs to pull themselves up by their own bootstraps anymore since there are so many social programs out there to help anyone who is willing to do the least little thing to better themselves and get ahead a little. There's no excuse for all this whining about white privilege.

Pulling yourself up by the bootstraps is an irrelevant concept in the modern welfare state, unless you're talking about breaking into the upper crust. There are tons of jobs available to people who put in the effort to get properly trained. No bootstrapping necessary there, but to break through to the upper crust does require a bit of luck or good connections. Different people probably have different definitions of upper crust, but I'd call it an individual annual income in excess of $250K. Of course that's approximate since I wouldn't call most lawyers or physicians upper crust and some of them would exceed that amount, but the point is that there are plenty of jobs out there for people willing to get the training. In fact, they say that employers have a hard time finding qualified applicants for many jobs, especially in the tech field.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrgreen » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Baltimore Riots
Although it's politically incorrect to say so, I'd have to agree that genetics is a factor...
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby James Sel » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:54 am

mrgreen wrote:Baltimore Riots
Although it's politically incorrect to say so, I'd have to agree that genetics is a factor...

Bullshit! Why not listen to the geneticists before making a conclusion.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CactusHugger » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Baltimore Riots...Prelude to Urban War
This is why the incarceration rates are so high in this country. We are dealing with sub-humans and expecting them to act human, which is something they are incapable of. Genetics has everything to do with it. Quite a few prominent geneticists have said as much and some have lost their jobs as a result and so the others stick to the politically correct bullshit, although when speaking candidly they tell it like it is: Genetics is fate.
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues