Religious Nutjobs

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Religious Nutjobs

Postby CactusHugger » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:39 am

How Scientology Exploits Children Legally :up2:
I'm not sure who's crazier: Christian nutjobs or Scientology nutjobs? I suppose ultimately a nutjob is a nubjob!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:29 am

Going Clear Scientology and The Prison of Belief
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2l7b1p
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:51 am

Idaho Wants The Bible Taught In Every Class
This has got to be embarrassing for the typical citizen living in Idaho. This kind of thing will make the state the laughingstock of the nation, but it's what happens when a small group of extremists manage to become public officials.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:52 am

What Is America's Biggest Terrorist Threat?
Listen to this report carefully and see if you can detect the logical flaw.

The people at TestTube News don't seem to understand the difference between a "threat" and successfully completing a terrorist act. The main reason that right-wing groups are more successful is that their members reside within the USA. Muslim terrorists, on the other hand, live abroad and have more obstacles to surmount in order to carry out their plots. The greater threat is almost certainly from terrorists outside the country (mostly Muslim), but those most likely to successfully instigate an attack are far fewer in number, but have the advantage of already being inside the country. Dropping our guard against threats emanating from outside the country would not be a good idea and just because we have successfully protected ourselves from outside threats doesn't mean that those threats don't exist or that they are not greater than those existing inside the country.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby a2z » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:34 pm

Voice of Harold
Although this page contains an explanation, it'll probably just confuse you more:
http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=4649
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby ergot » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:44 am

Why YOU Have To Follow YOUR Religion And WE DON'T
This is a pretty good rant on the subject of religious nutjobs who think that believing in a mythical being somehow counts as a qualification to be president. As for myself, all things being equal, I'd vote for an atheist over someone who believes in some form of god fantasy. I think being in touch with reality makes one more qualified to be president than vice versa, but that's just one of my little quirks, apparently.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:41 am

If people aren't practicing their religion because they want to, then they aren't really following their religion. They're just pretending. You can't force people to believe in a religion. I'd even go so far as to say that if you have to force people to act like they believe, then that's pretty good proof that your religion is false.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:18 pm

Pastafarian Wins Right to Wear Strainer on Head in License Photo
Just goes to show you that not every religious nutjob is a Christian or a Muslim!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Re: Nutjobs of the Religious Persuasion

Postby dilbert » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:18 am

So what I've always been uncertain about is if Pastafarianism is just a form of atheism or if they're actually making fun of organized and traditional religion in general and not intending to make a statement about the existence of some kind of god. I get that it's tongue-in-cheek and kind of a fun form of criticism, but are most Pastafarians actually atheists or not?
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby shadylady » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:26 am

What Is The World's Most Peaceful Religion?
Peaceful Religions? Sounds like an oxymoron to me! Early in this video a distinction is drawn between Western Abrahamic and Eastern Dharmic religions, with the Abrahamic religions being deemed as inherently violent. The rest of the video looks more closely at various eastern religions and concludes that the most peaceful one is Jainism which is practiced by four or five million people in India. Interesting info about Jainism is presented.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues