World War III

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: World War III

Postby surfsteve » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:52 am

MojaveMike wrote:
surfsteve wrote:It's looking like Trump isn't that much better than Hillary after all. He may have just started WWIII by attacking an air base in Syria. Though it was in response to a chemical gas attack Ron Paul is saying Israel is probably responsible for it and not Syria.

James Sel wrote:Trump sure rushed in there with his missiles..............McMaster Hmmm.

Sparky of SoCal wrote:Is there one piece of evidence the Jews were involved? Rand Paul has some great ideas about fixing health care, no doubt that subject he can be respected for. Spreading BS about the Jews gassing people is so undocumented it borders on being a lie.
If Rand Paul had his way in the ‘40’s how many Jews and Poles would die at the hands of Hitler?

There may not be evidence that Israel was involved, but there is motive. It doesn't make sense for Syria to gas their own people under the circumstances. So, I'd say it's reasonable to speculate about Israel being involved.

Here's a video of Ron Paul talking about the attack. Correct me if I am wrong but I didn't see him accuse Israel anywhere in it. He does say it was zero percent chance that Assad did it and that it must have been a false flag though.

Even Alex Jones is saying it's a false flag but that what Trump did was a smart move and would make other nations who aren't behaving respect him. It wont be so smart if he starts WWIII.

At first I thought maybe he did but it seems like this may just blow over but it has had consequences. Looks like the Russians have removed the warning system that Trump used to warn the Russians an hour before he was going to attack. Seems like that means that if it happens again the Russians wont know and the risk for bombing Russian troops and starting WWIII will be greatly escalated. I'm not sure if that was a smart move by the Russians or if Trump anticipated it but it definitely puts us closer to WWIII

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:10 am

‘Low efficiency’: Only 23 Tomahawk missiles out of 59 reached Syrian airfield - Russian MoD
An exercise in inefficiency. A national embarrassment!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:31 am

It depends on who you ask. The Russians claim only 23 out of 59 hit their targets but the Americans claim it was 58 out or 59. If you look at the pictures of the bombing all the ones that hit the base were dead on so if the 23 out of 59 is true the ones that missed must have missed by miles. Shouldn't there be some pictures somewhere of the ones that missed? They couldn't have all gone into the sea. Could they have? When you look at pictures of the base that was attacked there were several fighter jets in a row parked out in the open that remained untouched. I can't think of any reason other than incompetence that the US would leave them untouched. Can you? Seems most likely that both sides are lying. Maybe nobody knows exactly what's going on and they are all making shit up that suits their agenda.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:45 am

surfsteve wrote:It depends on who you ask. The Russians claim only 23 out of 59 hit their targets but the Americans claim it was 58 out or 59. If you look at the pictures of the bombing all the ones that hit the base were dead on so if the 23 out of 59 is true the ones that missed must have missed by miles. Shouldn't there be some pictures somewhere of the ones that missed? They couldn't have all gone into the sea. Could they have? When you look at pictures of the base that was attacked there were several fighter jets in a row parked out in the open that remained untouched. I can't think of any reason other than incompetence that the US would leave them untouched. Can you? Seems most likely that both sides are lying. Maybe nobody knows exactly what's going on and they are all making shit up that suits their agenda.

What I got out of the video is that there are four possible fates for the errant missiles: 1) out to sea, 2) hit mountains (due to low flying nature of the missiles), 3) successfully intercepted, and 4) electronically jammed and for that reason miles away from their targets. Some of them will be lost with no trace and others will eventually be located. Those that landed in the most remote locations might possibly not be discovered for years. Others should show up in a matter of days. What the exact truth is, who knows, but even if all the missiles hit their targets, the price tag is still pretty high and I think that's the point that should be stressed here.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:24 pm

I am convinced that the chemical weapons attack was a false flag and I am convinced that Donald Trump is a smart man and knew this. The obvious answer is that he's no better than Hillary but I want to believe that there is a good reason for the air strike on Syria. There isn't much supporting that but one of the things that might suggest it is that the attack caused minimal damage and minimal loss of life which essentially resulted in a slap on the wrist.

Hopefully the video below is the right one, in which Alex Jones theorizes that Trump secretly coordinated the attack with Putin in order to throw the deep state off and make them think they are winning and plan to use the conflict to their advantage and make peace, making them both look like heroes but I think it's more than likely, that the deep state actually is winning, and we are being set up for WWIII. (Edit: Start the video at 14;00 for this)

Also see: http://www.trunews.com/article/the-trut ... ile-strike

I believe there are three possible explanations for why President Trump would decide to attack Syria and potentially start a war with Russia:

3. President Trump secretly worked out a plan with Putin. Assad is to be replaced. Syria is to be carved up into regions. Trump-Putin share Nobel Peace Prize for settling Israel-Palestinian feud. Everybody goes back to making money.

My gut tells me its likely number three.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:37 am

Some very good points brought up in this debate. Trump is a very smart man and he may not have had the luxury to do nothing about the gas attacks. I still don't believe Assad was responsible for them but I am beginning to wonder. He has been accused of gas attacks in the past so though it's unlikely, it's not out of the question. He's not a nice man. If he was there wouldn't be so many Syrian refugees leaving his country. I guess I will wait and see how it all turns out before totally abandoning my support for Trump. What choice do we have anyway? Bill Mitchell makes a good point that this may prevent war in the future though it was a dangerous move on Trump's part. Almost as dangerous as the Cuban Missile crisis which had an equal potential to turned out disastrously. Was this Trump's Cuban missile crises? It's not over yet. Let's hope we are as lucky as the last time!

DEBATE: Syria Strike - Genius or Lunacy?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:49 am

Kucinich: No evidence Assad was behind chemical attacks
Even the attack using chemical weapons back in 2013 that everyone talks about was not done by Assad, but by rebels. The host didn't seem to hear the part about the experts who determined that the 2013 attack was not Assad's doing.

As for a comparison to the Cuban Missile Crisis? Are you out of your freakin' mind? This was a very easy and safe move and even a duffus like Trump realized there was no real risk. The bombing was mostly symbolic and more a move to win the confidence of the other duffuses wanting him to be tough on Russia than anything else. :roll2:
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:21 am

BREAKING NEWS: RUSSIA RESPONDS!
Syria did not use chemical weapons in 2013 and they didn't deploy them in this recent situation. It's that simple. Over-dramatizing this situation and comparing it to the Cuban Missile Crisis is going a bit too far, but Trump is Machiavellian enough to cynically do something like this for purely political gain. More than likely tweets were no longer enough to distract people from his failing presidency and so he had to resort to something a bit more drastic. We're pretty early in this loser's presidency. Things are likely to get much worse...
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:25 am

I'll be the first to admit comparing Trumps bombing to the Cuban missile crises is an exaggeration but I think it makes a point.

I think this video and the story about Assad bombing the rebels and unknowingly blowing up a stockpile of poison gas makes the most sense. I bet 99% of the people there don't care who wins and just want to see the fighting stopped. Trump slapped Assad on the wrist for it. Now he needs to knock the hell out of ISIS like he promised. One can only hope that Rex Tillerson's meeting with Putin next week patches things up and both countries get together and do just that.

From reading the Wiki about Assad I don't think the Russians are all that keen about him either.
Al-Assad in Arabic means "the Lion"; Assad's peasant paternal grandfather had changed the family name from Wahsh (meaning "Savage" or "Monster")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashar_al-Assad

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:16 pm

mrfish wrote:BREAKING NEWS: RUSSIA RESPONDS!
Syria did not use chemical weapons in 2013 and they didn't deploy them in this recent situation. It's that simple. Over-dramatizing this situation and comparing it to the Cuban Missile Crisis is going a bit too far, but Trump is Machiavellian enough to cynically do something like this for purely political gain. More than likely tweets were no longer enough to distract people from his failing presidency and so he had to resort to something a bit more drastic. We're pretty early in this loser's presidency. Things are likely to get much worse...

The Russian side of the story seems so much more believable than the American explanation. There was no reason to use chemical weapons. Syria has plenty of ways to kill people without resorting to the use of chemical weapons. So, unless Assad has some weird fetish for killing people far away through the use of chemical weapons, there is absolutely no reason to use them. It is far more likely that the rebels had chemical weapons stored in their bunkers and that when Syrian missiles hit these bunkers the chemicals were released. That's not the fault of the Syrians or the Russians. Trump went beyond his legitimate powers as commander in chief. In non-emergency situations he is supposed to consult congress. However, this could be a shrewd political move since he's not going to be called on it. Congress mostly approves of his actions and so he exceeded his authority and got away with it. Although he wasted over $100 million in missiles for a cheap political stunt, it's just money after all!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues