World War III

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: World War III

Postby surfsteve » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:44 pm

If this video is any indication of what Rex Tillerson is going to say to the Russians next week I think we're going to have a problem. He just seems much to pig headed to get along with them. What's he going to do; bully them into negotiations? If I were Russian this guy would just piss me off!

I think Marco Rubio would stand a much better chance of successfully negotiating with the Russians and enlisting their help and cooperation to get rid of ISIS. He would also stand a pretty good chance of convincing them to get rid of Assad which I think would be in everyone's best interest!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Lavrov to Tillerson: Attack on Syrian airbase plays into extremists' hands
So, basically Syria unwittingly destroyed a stash of chemical weapons during a conventional airstrike. Trump responded by attacking Syria and so in effect he wound up DEFENDING THOSE WHO USE CHEMICAL WEAPONS!
:smack:
I'd say Donnie Boy has some 'splaining to do!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:27 pm

Jones seems to think that the US is about to invade Syria as he goes into one of his rants and tells Trump not to go along with it.

Massive US Invasion of Syria Has Already Begun, Alex Jones Exclusive
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:07 pm

Alex Jones is delusional. :crazy2:
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby desertrat » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:59 am

MojaveMike wrote:Lavrov to Tillerson: Attack on Syrian airbase plays into extremists' hands
So, basically Syria unwittingly destroyed a stash of chemical weapons during a conventional airstrike. Trump responded by attacking Syria and so in effect he wound up DEFENDING THOSE WHO USE CHEMICAL WEAPONS!
:smack:
I'd say Donnie Boy has some 'splaining to do!

So, it appears that the USA now SUPPORTS the use of chemical weapons?
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:34 am

Why The CIA Has Been Trying To Overthrow Syria Since The 50's
I was doubtful about Trump's claims of a gas attack to begin with, but this puts those doubts to rest. There is no longer any doubt that Trump has sold out to the Neocons just like Obama did. Whatever the Neocons hold over the heads of presidents must be pretty powerful since both Trump and Obama did a one-eighty soon after entering office regarding Middle East policy and the underlying corruption is obvious and undeniable!
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:44 am

The way I understand it, the military always knew there was chemicals at that airport. Kerry, Clinton and the former President could never say that for obvious reasons. Airplanes were tracked from that airport over the town and the return flight back. The time line of the gas on the ground ties into those flights. My understanding is we bomb because of the use of gas not to aid rebels. My understanding is if Russia backed Syrian military uses gas or barrel bombs again we will strike again. My understanding is if Syria uses conventional weapons they can kill as many entities as they want with no fear of an attack. I base my comments on listening, watching and reading diverse news reports.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby desertrat » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:18 pm

Fake News Alert
Almost every assertion made in this news clip is fake news. The Syrians carried out a conventional attack against a rebel group. The rebel group appears to have had chemical weapons stored in its bunkers. When the bunkers were hit by conventional weapons, well, what do you think happens... All this is confirmed by US intelligence flight pattern data. If chemical weapons were stored at the Syrian base, then some of that stuff would have gotten loose as a result of the barrage of Tomahawk missiles. Nothing of the kind happened, did it? So, instead of admitting their mistake, Trump and the MSM (who are thrilled that he finally joined the Neocon Club) are doubling down and making all sorts of bizarre and implausible claims. It's hard to say what percentage of the population here in the USA is buying it... but does that even really matter?
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby a2z » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:40 pm

Syrian air strike hit a terrorist warehouse with chem weapons in Idlib - Russian MoD
This explanation seems far more plausible than anything I've heard from the mouths of Trump/Neocon apologists. Not sure how the UN is going to handle this one. They can't afford to expose the USA for illegally attacking Syrian forces, but there will be at least a few members who will refuse to lie about the situation. The lack of chemical weapons at the Syrian base following the Tomahawk attack puts the weight of the evidence in favor of the Syrians and makes it hard to deny that Trump acted hastily and without sufficient reason to believe that the Syrian's had used chemical weapons. I don't think Trump and the Neocons really care since they'll just churn out whatever propaganda and distractions are necessary to escape blame.
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrfish » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:27 am

Putin: Idlib ‘chemical attack’ was false flag to set Assad up, more may come
Trump wasn't looking for justification, just an excuse. This was a PR move that allowed him to sell out without losing the approval of most of his remaining fans. Trump is a short-sighted opportunist and this was an opportunity he could not pass up.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues