Russia Tips The Grand Chess Board

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Russia Tips The Grand Chess Board

Postby desertrat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:26 pm

Russian President Vladimir Putin touts "invincible" nuclear arsenal
The USA under Obama with Hillary Clinton as secretary of state is responsible for escalating tensions with Russia. Trump would like to deescalate the situation, but Congress won't allow it. Why so many politicians are so dead set on treating Russia with animosity is a complete mystery to me. What do we have to gain?
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:59 pm

By-by America! You’re a Fail! - Israeli Expert on US Technological Backwardness
Some rather strong assertions made in this short news clip. I was not familiar with the following quote attributed to Bismarck.
"Our generals didn't win the war. Our teachers did".

LINK: https://www.vesti.ru/doc.html?id=2993382
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:18 am

ergot: The guy in the video you posted makes some very valid points, but I think he exaggerates a little bit here and there. I don't seriously believe that Russia is technologically ahead of our military by any stretch of the imagination. I'd say we're probably safely ahead by a few years for the time being. Russia is advancing in military strength at an alarming rate and they're not about to stand idly by while we overthrow governments or meddle in the affairs of other nations, but they have not yet surpassed us and I doubt that they ever will. That's not to say that they won't give us a run for our money if we are even slightly complacent.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:33 pm

I think China is a military player that may be more powerful then the Soviet Union.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dilbert » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:13 am

Sparky of SoCal: Not to be a smartass, but that goes without saying, especially since the Soviet Union ceased to exist more or less thirty years ago! LOL
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:43 am

Russian Military Cutting Edge Technologies: Putin Is Not “Rattling Nuclear Sabers” – It’s Real
https://www.globalresearch.ca/russian-m ... al/5631242

BREAKING: Putin Unveils High-Tech AVANGARD - It Flies Like A Meteorite, Like A Ball Of Fire!

U.S. SAYS RUSSIA IS DEVELOPING A 'DOOMSDAY' NUCLEAR TORPEDO
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:56 am

dilbert wrote:Sparky of SoCal: Not to be a smartass, but that goes without saying, especially since the Soviet Union ceased to exist more or less thirty years ago! LOL

People's Republic of China is maybe a more accurate way of putting it also.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Russia Tip The Grand Chess Board

Postby cactuspete » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:16 am

surfsteve: Putin is mostly playing to the home crowd on this one. There's no doubt that these new technologies are real, but they're more impressive to Russian citizens who might vote for him than to leaders here in the USA. I think there is some real innovation that has been accomplished, but nothing here that is even close to a game changer.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby pcslim » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:22 am

GAME CHANGER? I agree that none of this is a game changer, but these weapons can inflict serious damage and they show that Russia is serious about defending itself. There's no room for complacency with an adversary like this. Just another reason not to take Russia for granted. Obama dismissed Russia as a regional power years ago and that only motivated Russia to up its game. Putin has thought long and hard about what it takes to make Russia more competitive on the world stage and he has made a real difference. Our leaders should probably take these issues more seriously also.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:43 am

I was under the impression that in recent decades the United States was under the impression that they could start and win a nuclear war without Russia even having a chance to attack because we had the potential to shoot down all their missiles; but thanks to the new weapons we are back to Mutually Assured Destruction and that the new weapons should serve as a deterrent too Nuclear war.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues