Propaganda

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Propaganda

Postby desertrat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:52 am

State Duma STRIKES BACK: Russia Investigates How American Media Are Meddling in Russian Elections
The only antidote to the lies spread by corporate media in the USA is the truth. I'd say that Russia Today has done a very responsible job of exposing the American propaganda machine as blatant liars.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:04 pm

‘Fake, real or otherwise’: Look behind those claiming to fact-check news
Lies. Half-truths. Fake news. Propaganda. Yellow journalism. Distortion. Information control. Whatever you want to call it, it has gotten way out of control!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Sat May 13, 2017 9:14 am

Stephen Colbert Trump Joke Backfires - Then He Scolds Audience
I'm no fan of Trump, but there's a difference between fair criticism and unfair criticism. All this collusion with the Russians stuff is just pure crap. There are plenty of legitimate things to criticize Trump over without going on some kind of bizarre witch hunt. This whole McCarthyism 2.0 thing has gone way too far. The news media looks much more like some kind of propaganda machine than a legitimate news source. How can we trust the news media and the entertainment industry when all they do is lie to us 24/7?
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sat May 27, 2017 9:56 am

This is why the Seth Rich conspiracy won't disappear
Mainstream media doing mental gymnastics, as usual, to protect Hillary. Notice the straw man argument being developed here. Whether Seth Rich was murdered or not by individuals connected to the DNC is not critical to proving that Russia didn't hack the DNC server. There are hundreds of other possibilities. However, it's likely that the compromise of the DNC server was an inside job and whether or not Seth Rich had anything to do with it is not of critical importance. It could even be the case that DNC operators misidentified Seth Rich as the culprit, but none of that really makes much difference in the context of the assertions regarding Russian collusion, etc.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:58 am

#MoreThanARefugee : YouTube’s Propogand@ GETS #Wrekt
Social engineering on YouTube? A progressive leftist bias? Who knew?!!
:laugh:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:19 am

Extreme social justice pushed by Google and other large companies. Not sure why it's so important to force these views on people in general. The election of Trump signals the frustration many feel with this agenda. It's hard to tell who will get their way. Castles built on sand eventually collapse.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby camel » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:56 pm

Exposed: Rachel Maddow is a paid deep state propagandist
This is kind of funny. Rachel Maddow made a point of saying that a certain news network (not RT) was "literally" paid Russian propaganda and then in her defamation defense she said that what she said was nothing more than hyperbolics. The problem is that part of the definition of hyperbolic is that it is not meant to be taken literally.
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dzrtdwg » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:03 am

camel wrote:Exposed: Rachel Maddow is a paid deep state propagandist
This is kind of funny. Rachel Maddow made a point of saying that a certain news network (not RT) was "literally" paid Russian propaganda and then in her defamation defense she said that what she said was nothing more than hyperbolics. The problem is that part of the definition of hyperbolic is that it is not meant to be taken literally.

I don't mean to be hyperbolic when I say that Rachel Maddow is literally a moron!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby camel » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:41 pm

Media Propagandists Rush to Defend Molotov Cocktail-Throwing BLM Lawyers
Amazing double-standards. Anything the extremists on the left do is excused and anything the extremists on the right do is condemned. Maybe a little neutrality would be worth a try.
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:02 am

Hollywood Propaganda
The book presents an interesting topic and there might be something I haven't heard about already in the book, but I'm not going to bother purchasing or reading the book. The guy makes entertaining videos, but I'm convinced he can't really tell me anything I don't already know.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues