Population Implosion / Demographics

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Population Implosion / Demographics

Postby pcslim » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:46 am

Elon Musk predicts a population implosion
Fun Fact: In Japan adult diapers outsell baby diapers.
Grim Reality: Retirement systems may fail as a result of current population trends.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Re: Population Implosion / Demographics

Postby desertrat » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:14 am

Rejecting Sex and Relationships in Japan
They call it a "celibacy syndrome" and I'm not sure if it's a matter of not having sex or just a matter of birth control. I think these two commentators get a little carried away with weak theories to explain the phenomenon, but I suppose there's no harm in speculation.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:22 am

Demographics, Robots, and AI | Elon Musk
Several alarming trends here, but in particular the most intelligent people are reproducing at the lowest rates, which pretty much means that the overall population is getting dumber and dumber. A crisis point will be reached during the second half of this century. The writing is on the wall and unless people start living substantially longer starting almost immediately...
:whack02:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:47 am

Japan's Hottest New Sex Trend: NOT HAVING SEX!
There's always artificial insemination... and who knows, maybe they'll invent an artificial womb sometime in the not too distant future.
:shrug:
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Artificial Womb

Postby sandman » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:43 am

ShadyLady: As for me I prefer the old fashioned method. There's just something uncomfortably unnatural about artifical insemination and the idea of an artificial womb is just wrong. Will there be artificial wet nurses in the future too? Heck, why not just have robots raise the children?!! Sounds like a future without human interaction to me!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby shadylady » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:26 pm

Will Sex Robots Make Real Women Obsolete?
Anna says she loves her vibrator and so she imagines that sex robots will be even more popular. Cenk agrees, providing that sex robots become sufficiently lifelike. Will made-to-order sex robots be the wave of the future?
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Sex Robots

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:39 am

ShadyLady: The problem as I see it is that eventually technology will advance to the point where sex robots are preferable to biological humans. We humans smell funny and most of us are substantially less than perfect. On top of that we are reluctant to engage in many less than sanitary sex acts. Robots can be made to be completely sanitary and so not only won't they stink, but they also won't spread diseases. Ultimately people might not even want to be around or spend time with other humans! Sounds like a terrible future, but make robots seem totally real and people won't feel like they're missing anything.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CoolChick » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:34 am

Will Sex Robots Be Banned?
We live in an authoritarian society obsessed with banning things. These commentators fit right into that way of thinking. Instead of obsessively banning everything new under the sun, why not just let people decide what they want to do for themselves? Banning sex robots makes as much sense as banning dildos and vibrators.
:smack:
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Sex Robots

Postby dingleberry » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:31 am

Perfection might actually be possible if technology advances enough, but if technology gets that good robots will be capable of doing things even more valuable than just being sex toys. I'm not worried about the sex toy thing. I don't have an issue with that, but if they get to the point that they are indistinguishable from humans and their artificial intelligence makes them pass for humans, then I think we're in trouble. But despite the moniker I use on this forum, I prefer my sex partner to be dingleberry free!!! hahahahahahaha!!!!!
dingleberry
Greenhorn

Postby panamint_patty » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:04 am

Are millennials financially doomed?
They know what to do, but they aren't doing it. This is going to be a big problem when they hit retirement.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to News and Issues