Post-Election Analysis

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Post-Election Analysis

Postby mrgreen » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:35 pm

Fox News decision desk director breaks down election results
Looks like Clinton won the popular vote, but the electoral votes went to Trump. In part, the popular vote total is skewed by New York and California where Clinton won by over 20%. States where Trump won were much closer.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Post-Election Analysis

Postby Carlos Danger » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:03 pm

Trump Owes His Victory To Me :thumb:
What was the key event that caused the shift in momentum? Yes, I take full credit. You are all very welcome! Now... how about a presidential pardon?!!
Carlos Danger
Greenhorn

Postby ergot » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:29 pm

I hate to admit it, but the Weinerman has a point! :smack:
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:06 pm

Here is the official explanation of why Hillary won the popular vote but lost the election. The short explanation is California. In short California and somewhat New York had a huge excess of democratic voters.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:11 pm

What you wont see in the mainstream news is that most of the states that Hillary won don't require photo ID for voters making it very easy for illegal aliens, convicted felons, paid voters and even dead people to vote in some cases as many times as they want.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:59 am

I just realized I posted the exact same video and nearly the same post as Mr. Green. Sorry for that Mr. Green. I don't know what happened. Must have had a brain fart.

I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why Trump won. Though I'm glad he did, he's not my favorite person in the world. I agreed with his message and he seems genuine but I mainly voted for him to keep Hillary out of office who is the most corrupt politician I've ever encountered. I haven't voted since Reagan. Somehow I feel that I've been manipulated into voting and that I have been tricked into accepting Trump because the alternative choice was so bad that nobody in their right mind would have voted for her. Looking back I see a lot of similarities in the Reagan vs Carter election. Though Carter wasn't as corrupt as Clinton he was equally as unqualified as a leader but quite qualified as a politician. I remember when Carter brought up the fact that Reagan never held public office in the debate and that he was an actor and unqualified to be president and Reagan's response was. “Why not an actor we've had a clown for four years?” Trump was right. This was a rigged election. Hillary was a crook and nobody voted for her yet they made it look like she almost won. I think they planned it that way all along.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:22 pm

Anti-Trump Protesters Block 10 Freeway In Boyle Heights Area
Zero tolerance for protesting on the freeway is the only way to go. It's one thing to express your dissatisfaction with the way the election turned out, but it's totally unacceptable to interfere with the ability of people to drive to their destinations. The selfishness of these protesters is impossible to underestimate.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Did Bernie have more chances than Hillary against Trump?
Who knows what the outcome would have been, but I would have voted for Bernie, but there's no way in hell I'd vote for Hillary.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby mrgreen » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:59 pm

Leftist Comedians In Total Meltdown At Trump Presidency
This whitelash bullshit is just stupid. It was a backlash against corruption, but the message would have been much more clear if a third-party candidate had won. Voting in Trump isn't really that much of a statement. It just shows how stupid most voters actually are. Voting for either Trump or Hillary was equally stupid.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:33 am

Judge Jeanine: Trump protestors 'have to be prosecuted'
If the protests over Trump are this bad, I'd hate to see what it would have been like if Clinton had been elected. At least if Clinton had been elected there would have been a reason to protest. Then again, the people who voted for Clinton were mostly selfish and immature... but come to think of it, the same can be said of those who voted for Trump. So, I guess there was going to be trouble one way or the other! But yes, I agree, one way or the other, protesters who break laws and destroy property should be fully prosecuted.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to News and Issues