Post-Election Analysis

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Post-Election Analysis

Postby surfsteve » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:41 am

MojaveMike wrote:Who's really behind America's current protests
It's time to MOVE ON moveon.org!!! :laugh:
The Clintons had to pay people to attend their rallies, even bribing them with movie stars and musicians; so why would anybody be surprised to find out that they have to hire their own protestors? It was virtually a fake election; paid for by Soros dollars and money from terrorist nations that only wished us harm. Go away Hillary; nobody voted for you: only the lowest of the low information voters, the corrupt, the greedy press, and the hordes of freeloaders.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:32 am

Already I'm beginning to think that Trump is going to wind up doing business as usual. He's talking about installing Gingrich and Giulliani into key positions in his administration. I don't trust either of those idiots any more than I trust Hillary Clinton. They're all just useless Neocons and they'll trick Trump into doing exactly as Bush or Obama on almost everything. They'll maneuver him and control the information he receives. It's over already if those two get into his inside circle.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:47 am

I'm not surprised he's talking about appointing Gingrich and Giullani into key positions. They did support him at a time when few other politicians did; but. I'm worried too: On the 60 minute interview he said that the Clinton's were nice people and he didn't want to hurt them when he was asked if he was still going to appoint a special prosecutor. My only hope is that he is just stalling; trying to keep Obama cool so that he wont start world war three before he leaves office. To be fair he is going to inherit quite a mess left from the past few politicians. Obama alone ran up the national debt more than all the other previous presidents combined. On the bright side he's very experienced with bankruptcy, having declared it multiple times for himself and coming out OK; so he's well equipped to deal with where we are headed. I forget where I read it but I remember him making some sort of remark that he made when asked why he's considering appointing all the neocons was something like: everybody these days is corrupt and that's all he's got to choose from; and he is picking the best and most experienced people he can from the choices he has. Sorta has a point there but I guess I was kinda expecting him to pick some good politicians out of thin air or wherever they are hiding. The only other way out of this mess is world war three, which was pretty certain if Hillary were elected. War would have fixed the economy although there would have been few people left around afterwards to enjoy it.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby dilbert » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:04 pm

Jon Stewart on President-elect Trump, hypocrisy in America
Number one trending video on YouTube right now with over a million views in thirteen hours. He makes interesting comments about monoliths and hypocrisy.
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby MojaveMike » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:17 pm

Romney Reportedly Being Considered as Secretary of State
This is surprising and lots of reasons why this would be a really good thing are listed in the discussion.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:04 pm

Apparently Trump is floating around a lot of names of people he is considering for appointment to government posts; some of these people he has no intention of hiring. According to Bill Still there are two reasons to float a persons name: One is to gauge the reaction of the public and the press; and the other is to flatter the person, in order to soften them up, and get them on his side.

Watch Bill explain it in this video. He can do it much better than I do.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:32 pm

If Hillary were elected she'd probably be awarding positions to whoever donated the most to the Clinton foundation or paid her Husband the most to give a speech, told her to hire.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:33 pm

Trump taps Gen. Flynn as national security adviser
This guy has a very pro-Russian background. He's appeared on Russia Today, he is financially involved in Russia, and he has met Putin. He could help undo the damage done by the Obama administration when it comes to our relationship with Russia.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:40 am

A list of totally made-up hate crimes this week
The news media pushing yet another false narrative. Have hate crimes really been on the rise since the election of Trump or is that just the flavor of the week that the news media is pushing?
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:06 am

Trump chooses top national security, justice officials
A couple of these people are complete idiots and others would be reasonable. It could be that he's not serious about all these people as suggested at the end of this news clip.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues