Post-Election Analysis

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Post-Election Analysis

Postby ergot » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:32 pm

Every Donald Trump Cameo Ever
The president-elect has an impressive resume! What have we done?!! :smack:
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:45 pm

What have we done?

Every indication is: that after Obama ran the country into the ground like a drug addict pawning grandma's television for crack, adding more debt than all of the previous presidents combined; they planned on installing Hillary to start world war three with Russia to keep anyone from noticing that the economy was about to crash. Maybe if she managed to kill off most of the population and gave their stuff to the remaining survivors she could have actually been popular among them. At least we got the Donald to lead us through bankruptcy. It's not going to be pretty but at least it's better than the alternative. Basically if Obama doesn't pull a fast one in the short time he has left we're going to get off with probation, starting with 4 years of rehab instead of life in prison or the death penalty.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:35 am

How do Americans feel post-election?
The last stat given has to do with respecting people who voted for Trump or Hillary. I respect neither. Both candidates were worthless POC and anyone who voted for either of them is an idiot!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:38 am

If you had said anyone who voted for ANY of the choices on the ballot I could be nodding with you in agreement Desertrat. But Gary Johnson was a bigger buffoon than Trump and Jill Stein proved herself to be cut from the same cloth as Hillary when she demanded that ridiculous recount.

Hillary is blaming everybody but herself for loosing the election. I'm surprised all the other democrats that lost elections aren't blaming Hillary. At least there would be some truth to that. The media is to blame as well. What happened to her over Benghazi was worse than the press taking a pass on Nixon after Watergate and instead rallying behind him to seek another term. Had there been even a smidgen of honesty among the democrats or the press we'd probably all be talking about president elect Sanders right now. They all got what they deserved for trying to run crooked Hillary for president.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:40 am

When I think about it, this election had all the authenticity of a wrestling match.

I also wonder if Comey wasn't in Trump's back pocket all along. He basically came out and said that there was enough evidence to prosecute Hillary and then recommended against it; infuriating the people against her and just about guaranteeing that they would all come out and vote for him. Then Comey appeared to have changed his mind just before the election, when it would do the most damage; but changed it right back again when it was too late to do anything about it. Stepping back and taking a look at the bigger picture, had she been prosecuted Obama would have been able to give her a pardon. Since she hasn't (yet) been charged with anything there is nothing for Obama to pardon. Could it just be that Trump is waiting for Obama to leave office so that Hillary can be formally charged without the ability of her being able to be pardoned?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:51 am

surfsteve wrote:When I think about it, this election had all the authenticity of a wrestling match.

I also wonder if Comey wasn't in Trump's back pocket all along. He basically came out and said that there was enough evidence to prosecute Hillary and then recommended against it; infuriating the people against her and just about guaranteeing that they would all come out and vote for him. Then Comey appeared to have changed his mind just before the election, when it would do the most damage; but changed it right back again when it was too late to do anything about it. Stepping back and taking a look at the bigger picture, had she been prosecuted Obama would have been able to give her a pardon. Since she hasn't (yet) been charged with anything there is nothing for Obama to pardon. Could it just be that Trump is waiting for Obama to leave office so that Hillary can be formally charged without the ability of her being able to be pardoned?

I also think along these lines. It could also be a way to hold something over Obama and the Clintons to keep them in check.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby surfsteve » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:16 am

I have no idea if Comey is on Trump's side or Hillary's. If I had to guess I'd say "he's with her" and is being played for a fool; but it would be a pleasant surprise if he suddenly changed his mind again about prosecuting her after January 20th and decided to go for it. I see no reason for anyone under Trump to keep Obama or Hillary in check after he takes office. Do you?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:40 am

Trump has some faults. He like me can't keep his mouth shut sometimes when needed. Clintons, Obama, Harry Reid and Biden to a degree are out of office. They are going to spout off on something false and stupid and Trump is going to throw in his 2 cents and then the press will get off track and it turns into a pissing match. We don't need that, we need to get together and move forward with repairs to our communities and industry. If Trump holds a Trump card to hold over their heads possibly they will just keep silent and go away. Then again it is not Trumps job to prosecute the servers she hid or worry about the Foundation, it’s the AG job. Obama will be the problem as his “Legacy” will be quickly be dismantled. He won’t sit by and let that happen without saying something to piss Trump off……..and then the tweets start, the press gets involved, attention gets diverted from real issues, dumbass voters get influenced by Hollywood and nothing gets accomplished but hate.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby wildrose » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:04 am

Millennials say: Add Obama to Mount Rushmore!
This is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but I'm sure there are those who might seriously consider adding Obama to the monument. Obviously, there are far more people who would consider even the suggestion outrageous.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:24 pm

I'm sort of torn between remaking the movie Idiocracy and having his face appear on Mt. Trashmore; and a special guest appearance on The Apprentice where Donald comes out and tells him he's fired. Maybe they could do both!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues