Supreme Court Nominations

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Supreme Court Nominations

Postby surfsteve » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:19 pm

I'm surprised that nobody posted the Saturday Night Live skit where Matt Damon impersonated Brett Cavanaugh. I would have posted it but I was disgusted. It would have been funny had they made fun equally of Christine Ford but it was totally a one sided hatchet job. I grew up watching Saturday Night Live and remember way back when it didn't suck. It was one of my favorite shows!

R.I.P., Saturday Night Live!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:16 pm

I saw the Kavanaugh SNL skit. There were parts that were funny, but if you're going to make fun of someone accused of a sex crime, then you'd damn well better make fun of the accuser! I thought Trump did a good job making fun of her and give Trump credit for being real about the obviously fake accusation. To treat the accuser as off-limits while ridiculing the accused is so unfair that I don't see how anyone with a minimally functional brain could fail to see the hypocrisy in such an obvious double-standard.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:25 am

I couldn't agree more. Probably why SNL's ratings are dying. It's a shame that we not only have fake news but that we also have fake comedy. The news and the entertainment industries have become totally political. Who do you suppose is behind this? These shows are produced to make money so apparently whoever is in charge of them has a scheme to make even more money by letting them tank! Shameful!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:29 am

We live in a world where even a show named "Politically Incorrect" must be politically correct!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:58 pm

surfsteve wrote:We live in a world where even a show named "Politically Incorrect" must be politically correct!

My two cents worth: Bill Maher is a gatekeeper on the liberal end of the Overton Window. Anything more extreme is considered unacceptable. Fox News probably defines the opposite end of the Overton Window. Acceptable discourse within the USA is very limited. Express an idea outside what is considered acceptable and you are immediately marginalized. To some extent YouTube has allowed for people to express ideas which are considered out-of-bounds, but YouTube does a good job of minimizing their exposure.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:39 pm

Kavanaugh confirmed!

President Trump reacts to Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:26 am

Protesters don’t let up after Kavanaugh is confirmed
Libtard tears are so delicious!!! :cry2:
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:05 am

Amy Coney Barrett Asks Biden Lawyer If Gay Web Designers Could Turn Down A Christian Organization
As a recent nominee who is now a member of the highest court in the land, Amy Coney Barrett makes me proud!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Previous

Return to News and Issues