Supreme Court Nominations

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Supreme Court Nominations

Postby wildrose » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Neil Gorsuch uses 'bigly' at confirmation hearing
Funny exchange during the hearings. This guy has quite a personality. Very likeable.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Supreme Court Nominations

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:23 pm

Gorsuch stumped over horse-sized duck question
This is another funny exchange and I agree, he is very likeable.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:48 pm

Neil Gorsuch: I'm not God
He seems like a pretty straight forward guy to me. I have no idea where he stands philosophically, but he does seem to be a man of integrity, but it could all be a show.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby recluse » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Gorsuch Won't Answer Democrats' Questions
Not everyone likes Gorsuch, but this guy does kind of the liberal version of Alex Jones in this video.
recluse
Backcountry Hiker

Postby sandman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:35 pm

Napolitano: What's happening to Gorsuch is unprecedented
Supreme court justices can stay around for decades and so both parties tend to be cautious. I'm not sure how good or bad Gorsuch would be and so it's hard to say if this filibuster move is reasonable or not. I'd need to see some of his most controversial decisions and critiques of those decisions before I'd be able to reach a verdict on the issue!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby wildrose » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:42 am

Senate confirms Neil Gorsuch to Supreme Court
Gorsuch is in. Whether you agree with his political ideology or not, it's hard to argue that the guy doesn't have a solid record.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:04 am

How the Supreme Court is a bit like high school
It probably depends on where you went to high school...
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:23 am

Bream: Left in 'meltdown mode' over Kennedy's retirement
Kennedy was actually conservative on most issues, but on a few he was left of center.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:46 am

We know this is going to be a pissing match between both parties, between those in the same party and between each party. Mr. Schummer is sure to continue to try and scare people and say stupid things. It is not going to matter who Mr. Trump nominates, no Dem is going to approve it out of spite. So then that means the ones on the right are going to have to ram the appointment down their throats. That’s going to cause heartburn but that is today’s politics. I hope and I do feel confident a middle of the road judge will be nominated. Sure that person may lean a little right but will be pretty close to the middle. I think either party in this situation would do the same, meaning pick a moderate that leans a little one way or another. See nothing wrong with that. Nobody living today could be appointed and not be scrutinized by a zealot looking for tv time and find a leftist or right leaning bias. It doesn’t have to be true, just say it and let the cable companies and late night tv say it enough until it is thought to be true by uninformed voters and protesters. Mr. Trump has gotten this far and will most likely win another election unless the economy tanks which is not likely. Oh it can be yelled from the highest mountain that the tariffs will destroy trade. Those yelling it also yelled Trump would not seriously run for office, or that we would be at war by now, or he was in bed with Putin, or tax breaks for grunts like me would not work, or unemployment would go up, just a few things that were trying to be passed off as upcoming doom and gloom about Trump. Mr. Trump is wrong about some things but his first 500 days or so of office has been more of a positive for the US and the world than some will admit. Voters between the coast I anticipate will vote that way. This next and possible next 2 Supreme Justices will be something I wish the Senate would act like adults who care for our country and do it right. I mean correctly.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby dzrtdwg » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:46 pm

What a Hero!
Cory Booker and his "I am Farticus" moment was total BS. The documents had already been released so he was just grandstanding in order to get a little media attention. In the meantime, it looks like Brett Kavanaugh will be confirmed within a few weeks. It looks like yet another Trump victory.
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Next

Return to News and Issues