Hanford

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Hanford

Postby surfsteve » Tue May 09, 2017 8:40 pm

I heard there was a collapse at the nuclear facility at Hanford, Washington today. I'm glad I don't live near there anymore. I used to live about 25 miles from it. Supposedly it's on lockdown and nobody including the 3000 people that work there are allowed to enter or leave. Also supposedly there is no danger and no radiation has been released. Bullshit! I used to hear campfire tales on the river of the old days when people would swim in the river and glow at night. Also about the bottom of the river glowing sometimes. It has been leaking ever since it was built!

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/han ... er-n756896

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Hanford

Postby surfsteve » Tue May 09, 2017 9:09 pm

Haven't watched all of this yet but I thought I'd post it before I retire for the night.

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed May 10, 2017 9:09 am

This was still from yesterday. It's probably worse today.

UPDATE 1:20 PM EDT --

According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) - their "RADnet" system for monitoring radiation throughout the USA is now showing a fast rise in radiation levels in the entire Richland, WA area, where the Hanford Nuclear Reservation is located. Below is a screen shot from the EPA's Geiger Counter readings showing more than 100 point spike in local Gamma radiation levels, and those levels are still rising rapidly:

https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/3837
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Wed May 10, 2017 4:28 pm

Nuclear waste storage tunnel caves-in at Hanford
A couple of the best reports on this crisis are from Russia Today. US corporate media drops the ball again?
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu May 11, 2017 7:28 am

RUSSIA TODAY does a better job of covering events like this than do news organizations here in the USA. It's funny how that works. The irony is that domestic news organizations spend more time and put more effort into telling us that RT is fake news than they do covering major events like a nuclear disaster. Strange. Just plain strange.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Sun May 21, 2017 5:53 pm

Just under two weeks since the emergency at the Hanford nuclear facility in Washington state (following a tunnel collapse), NBC's local affiliate King5 reports Hanford’s owner, The U.S. Department of Energy, is scrambling to deal with a second emergency - signs have emerged that a massive underground double shell nuclear waste holding tank may be leaking.

New Radiation Leak On Hanford Nuke Waste Tank, Workers Contaminated
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Return to News and Issues