False Accusations Gone Wild

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: False Accusations Gone Wild

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:41 am

They hate Trump and anyone who votes or supports him. The Lib's I think that the appointee is a good solid pick. The only real problem with Kavanaugh is he is Trumps pick.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:28 am

shadylady: I'd reduce your three months for adult accusers and one year limitation for those alleging an assault while they were under eighteen to 72 hours for adult accusers and one month for those turning eighteen. If something REALLY happened that's plenty of time! That's more than enough time if you're telling the truth. Let's be honest and stop enabling false accusers!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby ergot » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:10 pm

'An Unthinking Cult': Malkin Calls Out Liberal Hollywood Women for Anti-Kavanaugh Video
False accusers lie for all sorts of reasons. It's time to stand up for the falsely accused!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Tucker: New Kavanaugh accusation raises questions
This has gone beyond bizarre. The first accusation was a stupid act of desperation on the part of the Democrats, but understandable considering what's at stake. The second accusation was ridiculous and even more of a cheap tactical move than the first accusation, but this third accusation has entered into an alternative reality that only a completely insane moron could take seriously. Kavanaugh's "Twilight Zone" comparison is completely accurate. Democrats are now undermining their credibility to an extent that people may shun party membership.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:06 am

" Democrats are now undermining their credibility to an extent that people may shun party membership."
Just now?
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby sandman » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:02 am

Sparky of SoCal wrote:" Democrats are now undermining their credibility to an extent that people may shun party membership."
Just now?

As a lifetime Republican I never understood why any respectable person would register as a Democrat. Having said that, it is the case that I know people who have been Democrats and everyone has a different limit on how much craziness they can tolerate. Some bailed months ago and others are hopping the fence in reaction to this inquisition against Kavanaugh. So, it's an ongoing process, but I should hope that more and more people come to their senses as the craziness escalates!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby Sparky of SoCal » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:47 am

That was little harsh. I think I know 1-2 responsible Democratics.
Sparky of SoCal
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:29 pm

"What If This Happened To Your Son?" Trump Says This Is A Damn Sad Situation On Brett Kavanaugh
Donald Trump has truly risen to the challenge of pushing back against the false accusation epidemic which the mainstream press has encouraged by calling false accusers heroes and by advertising about all the huge settlements that false accusers stand a chance of winning through lawsuits and book deals. We truly live in an Alice In Wonderland world where important things are treated as if they are insignificant and where insignificant things are valued beyond belief.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:52 am

Science says people regularly remember things that don't happen
False memories have been a topic of discussion for quite some time. One of the most famous psychologists of all time provided the textbook example in 1951.
Piaget (1951) in his book Play, Dreams and Imitation in Childhood, provides a provocative example of what seems to be a reconstructed memory based on postevent suggestion. Piaget had a memory for being kidnapped at age 2 which he maintained until he learned that it was false when he was fifteen. It turned out that Piaget's nanny had concocted the whole story of the kidnapping in order to get a reward. What's striking about Piaget's memory is the vividness of it. The memory contained vivid visual imagery. Piaget writes,

"I can still see, most clearly, the following scene, in which I believed until I was about fifteen. I was sitting in my pram, which my nurse was pushing in the Champs Elysees, when a man tried to kidnap me. I was held in by the strap fastened round me while my nurse bravely tried to stand between me and the thief. She received various scratches and I can still see vaguely those on her face. Then a crowd gathered, a policeman with a cloak and a white baton came up, and the man took to his heels. I can still see the whole scene, and can even place it near the tube station. [p. 188]"

Piaget himself accounted for this as a reconstruction and added, "Many real memories are doubtless of the same order."

LINK: http://penta.ufrgs.br/edu/telelab/2/piaget.htm
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby a2z » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:31 pm

To Understand Christine Blasey Ford, Take a look at Palo Alto University
This explains a lot...
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues