False Accusations Gone Wild

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: False Accusations Gone Wild

Postby mrgreen » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:52 pm

Gutfeld on Kavanaugh's false accuser
Confessions of a false accuser...
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby drdesert » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:33 am

Man cleared of charges by his mom's Facebook post
Slam dunk proof of false accusation. He faced possibly years in prison and she's only looking at a few months. False accusations are way too frequent and we've allowed the media to make it even easier. Fortunately they at least share a few stories like this one everyonce in awhile since it's impossible to suppress all of them.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby MojaveMike » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:29 am

A lace thong is not consent: Protests erupt in Ireland after man cleared of rape
In a he-said-she-said type of situation corroborating evidence tips the balance in one direction or the other. No one conflates what someone wears with consent, but what one wears does provide context clues regarding intent and openness to certain activities. And so, yes, anything that shows a predisposition towards consent would be relevant evidence and any reasonable and logical person would understand that.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:34 pm

#BelieveWomen Is Dumb (here are the statistics)
This is a pretty good vlog on the subject of false accusations.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:27 am

Police have video of Kevin Spacey groping busboy, complaint says
Jump to 3:20 in the video to hear the defense side of the incident. The video is only one second long and doesn't really prove anything. There are many other problems with the claims of the accuser. I'd say that Spacey is likely to win, but in the meantime the media is making him look like a pervert. Never mind that the hearing will be held in Nantucket. Not that there are any interesting word combinations that rhyme with Nantucket!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:33 pm

shadylady: I think you are thinking of something like this:
There was a young man from Nantucket
Whose dick was so long he could suck it.
He said with a grin
As he wiped off his chin,
"If my ear was a cunt I would fuck it."

I'm sure some comedian has already come up with a Kevin Spacey version of the poem. If not, it won't be long!

I think the case against Spacey hinges on a few key elements. If the alleged assault happened in a bar, then why wasn't the kid carded? If Spacey bribed the waiter, then Spacey must have suspected that the kid was younger than 23 (the age the kid claimed to be). The other big deal is the size differential between Spacey and the kid. If Spacey weighs around 180 and the kid only weighed around 120 at the time of the incident, then Spacey could have easily held him down, but otherwise the kid should have been able to push Spacey away easily enough. The other obvious big deal is whether or not anyone witnessed any kind of inappropriate behavior while Spacey and the kid were together.

I agree that at this point it appears that Spacey will win the legal case and possibly even any subsequent lawsuit, but there are still many unknowns and so it's too early to make an informed prediction.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby dzrtdwg » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:52 pm

Gillette: The Best an Incel Can Get
Boycott Wimpette!
DOLLAR SHAVE CLUB: https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby desertrat » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:39 am

Considering that about half of all accusations of rape and molestation are false, it seems odd that the accused is usually regarded as guilty until proven innocent. Accusations should always be received with great skepticism. An accusation without evidence should not be acted upon and by evidence I mean hard evidence that an actual crime was committed.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Fri May 24, 2019 7:44 am

desertrat: That makes sense. An accuser is not a victim. Victim status begins after someone is PROVEN guilty. The other thought I have is to start using the term FALSE VICTIMS to refer to false accusers. This would possibly diminish the significance of using the term VICTIM when the term ACCUSER would be more appropriate.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:31 am

2 friends of Trump accuser corroborate her story
Talk about a blatantly obvious false accusation. This is a record setter! The lady wants to sell a book and her friends are all in the media. None of their stories are worth anything, legally speaking, although they will sell the book to Trump haters and that's all they really want.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues