Israel and the Middle East

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: Israel and the Middle East

Postby surfsteve » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

We are forbidden to say this - Gaza is a Concentration Camp
If one wanted to be momentarily charitable about people's absolute refusal to recognize the obvious, one might argue that a land area of approximately 140 square miles, containing a population of roughly 1.7 million people, could not possibly be a concentration camp. But size and the number of prisoners are not the distinguishing characteristics of a concentration camp. The most essential characteristic of a concentration camp is what is permitted, and what is not. Only one question matters: Under what conditions are the people within its borders permitted to live?

Israel controls most of Gaza's land borders, just as Israel controls the air space above it and the waters that border Gaza on the west. The sole exception is the small border with Egypt, and Israel subjects that border to attacks whenever it chooses. In essence, nothing is permitted in or out of Gaza without Israel's permission. When Israel imposes severe restrictions on what and who is allowed to enter and leave Gaza, the consequences are catastrophic, as Uri Avnery explained a few years ago:

The blockade on land, on sea and in the air against a million and a half human beings is an act of war, as much as any dropping of bombs or launching of rockets. It paralyzes life in the Gaza Strip: eliminating most sources of employment, pushing hundreds of thousands to the brink of starvation, stopping most hospitals from functioning, disrupting the supply of electricity and water.

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article37605.html
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Sat May 11, 2013 7:30 am

Crap Cannon: Israel sprays putrid liquid to control West Bank crowd :curse:
Sounds like a form of biological warfare to me. Haven't they violated some kind of an international agreement? Wouldn't the USA invade Iran for less?
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:47 am

Woman Fined Daily For Not Circumcising Her Son :wtf:
What I want to know is why do we subsidize Israel if they engage in stupid stunts like this? Israel should be forced to repay every penny we've ever given them, plus interest! This kind of human rights violation should not be tolerated. It's funny how we criticize other countries for human rights violations all the time, but we always seem to ignore the shinanigans pulled by Israel! Enough already! We should severe all ties with this horrible nation!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:24 am

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:31 am

Bill Maher claiming Israel has the right to defend themselves..

Video of Israel defending themselves.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:18 am

Who was responsible for creating Hamas and allowing them to take over Gaza and terrorize Israel?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:58 am

'Let's model democratic values right now'
Younger people are exposed to information from outside the USA and so they are less influenced by the media propaganda machine. I used to be skeptical of those who complained about Jews owning the media and using it to push their agenda. Now I am absolutely convinced that that's exactly what has been happening. Older people (people more or less my age) have been propagandized since we were children to believe that the USA should support Israel and now even we are beginning to become skeptical. This Dershowitz asshole is full of crap and I love the way the other guest calls him out on his BS!
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:05 am

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:31 pm

In the Viet Nam era the press and media reported the truth while the government lied. Today's press is the same propaganda we receive from our government and the only chance we have of getting any truth is from places like Youtube.

This type of cowboy and Indian style genocide makes gas chambers look humane by comparison.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:06 pm

surfsteve wrote:In the Viet Nam era the press and media reported the truth while the government lied. Today's press is the same propaganda we receive from our government and the only chance we have of getting any truth is from places like Youtube.

This type of cowboy and Indian style genocide makes gas chambers look humane by comparison.

You make it sound like propaganda is unique to the U.S. and U.S. interests. I see propaganda most every were I look....spins, framing, Misinformation, lies, ect..
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues