Freedom of Expression

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Re: The Tommy Robinson Thread

Postby surfsteve » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:51 am

wildrose wrote:
surfsteve wrote:
wildrose wrote:Freedom of Expression: There is an existing thread called Freedom of Expression. I'll confer with cactuspete about whether these posts should be moved to that thread. I don't see this issue gaining much traction. It has limited interest from what I can tell and I don't see this story having much of a shelf life either.

Didn't you also see Trump as a buffoon who didn't stand a chance of going anywhere?

I think most people recognize that Trump is a buffoon, but that he was the least objectionable of two horrible candidates. As for this Tommy Robinson issue, I still don't see this story blowing up into anything more than an obscure story about something going on in the UK. Also, it's one thing to cover a trial and it's quite another thing to provide personal info about a defendant. People on trial are under enough pressure without any additional threats being added as a result of the general public knowing what they look like and where they live. Vigilante justice should not be enabled.

Yeah. You're probably right. After this all blows over nobody will even remember his name. Just like that colored lady who refused to ride in the back of the bus. What was her name? Idiot leftists are so out of touch they have no idea what they have started... The best thing they could do for themselves is let Tommy out of jail, issue him an apology and reprimand the judge; but they are too stupid. I can't wait to see how this thing unfolds!

Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

The Orwellian Jailing of Tommy Robinson

Postby surfsteve » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:56 am

Paul Weston - The Orwellian Jailing of Tommy Robinson
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Freedom of Expression

Postby ergot » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:34 pm

Regarding Tommy Robinson Story
surfsteve wrote: Yeah. You're probably right. After this all blows over nobody will even remember his name. Just like that colored lady who refused to ride in the back of the bus. What was her name? Idiot leftists are so out of touch they have no idea what they have started... The best thing they could do for themselves is let Tommy out of jail, issue him an apology and reprimand the judge; but they are too stupid. I can't wait to see how this thing unfolds!

Something tells me that Tommy Robinson will never even register in the minds of most people. Rosa Parks is still known to most people, but it takes a lot of imagination to see Tommy Robinson as at all important. I'm not even convinced that Robinson has a legitimate gripe to be quite honest.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:32 am

Pittsburg shooting suspect was avid user of social network Gab
Here we have a mainstream media outlet attempting to shutdown an alternative website. They push an expansive definition of hate speech and blame the action of one person on the ability to communicate unpopular views online. To be clear I may not agree with most of the unpopular views expressed by various groups, but I will not tolerate this attack on free speech by calling views not approved of by mainstream media hate speech!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby surfsteve » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:54 am

While the guys van looks professionally done I think the timing is much more suspicious than anything else and that there is a good chance this guy is a patsy. I feel Trump has no choice but to agree with the media and that anything otherwise would make him look like a conspiracy nut; but this van just doesn't look right. Wish his website hadn't been taken down so we could be free to look at it and make up our own minds. I doubt we will ever know the truth in our lifetimes. NO way does this make Trump look good though I think he's done a good job on damage control so far. Chances that he can turn this around like he did the Kavanaugh situation, before the mid terms, look very slim to me but if anybody can do it; he can.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/26/politics ... index.html

https://rense.com/general96/professiona ... ys-van.php
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:18 am

surfsteve: Nothing to turn around. I don't think people blame Trump for the attack any more than they blame Gab.com for the attack. CNN and MSNBC might try to spin things in that direction, but only the choir will take that crap seriously. Maybe I over-estimate the intelligence of the public in general, but I just don't see how this has anything to do with Trump or Gab.com.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby a2z » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:25 pm

Censorship Has Won, The Banning Of Gab Proves It
It is very troubling that a shooting is being used to shutdown a website. This is a coordinated attempt to shut down free speech... just in time for an extremely important election.
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby desertrat » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:27 am

There may be some libtards who blame Trump, but libtards already blame him for every imaginary problem they can come up with. As for the Gab.com issue, that really pisses me off. Apparently it's not good enough that conservatives are kicked off YouTube, FaceBook, and Twitter. Now they want to ban websites that allow them altogether. This is pushing the limits as to what I think we should tolerate, quite frankly!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:14 am

Things You Can't Talk About...EVER
Actually I tend to say what's on my mind, but then again I'm retired and don't give a fuck!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby hand » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:16 am

Is it alright to yell "movie" in a crowded firehouse?
Have A Nice Day
hand
Fleabitten Varmint

PreviousNext

Return to News and Issues