Africa

Want to talk about something that doesn't fit into any other forum? This is the place to post your topic for discussion!

Africa

Postby cactuspete » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:35 am

North Africa: The New Afghanistan?
Wonderful... more military interventions... just what we need!
:smack:
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Africa

Postby surfsteve » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:39 am

I did some checking. What you are talking about is the Algerian Hostage crisis.

On wiki it's known as "In Aménas hostage crisis"
The guy that did the kidnapping is named Mokhtar Belmokhtar. I saw rumors on the internet that he was killed in the crisis while researching him. According to the WIKI on him, Mokhtar Belmokhtar has been sentenced to death multiple times by the Algerian government. He is one bad dude. Guilty of smuggling, kidnapping, murder and terror. But they have never been able to catch him. But this latest international hostage crisis may have been his undoing. I wouldn't be surprised to find that the reports about him being killed were true. Perhaps it's not being reported so they can kill him again in some fake staged raid similar to what they did to Bin Laden.Time will tell on that one.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby a2z » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Is This Endless War on Terror The New Normal?
I usually disagree with the head turk on something, but on this one I'm in agreement 100%!
:curse:
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby mrfish » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Growing Al Qaeda Threat in Africa
Interesting graphic showing hot spots in Africa. We're spreading ourselves kinda thin. It reminds me of the Soviet Union in Afghanistan before the country dissolved. This is not a good situation!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby surfsteve » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:56 pm

a2z wrote:Is This Endless War on Terror The New Normal?
I usually disagree with the head turk on something, but on this one I'm in agreement 100%!
:curse:

Not sure what this has to do specifically with Africa, but if Cenk is so on the up and up, why is he putting the blame on the military that clearly belongs to the Obama administration which he almost blindly supports? Seems like a very slick bait and switch. He is so right in everything he says except that he is misdirecting us by shifting the blame. While he is pointing one finger at the military there are 4 more pointing back in the other direction.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:00 pm

mrfish wrote:Growing Al Qaeda Threat in Africa
Interesting graphic showing hot spots in Africa. We're spreading ourselves kinda thin. It reminds me of the Soviet Union in Afghanistan before the country dissolved. This is not a good situation!

Could this guy be right? Is this a contest between America and China to see who can be there first to re-colonize Africa and plunder their resources? But why Africa? Seems like it's a lot more strategical to Israel than either China or the United States.

Those yellow dots on your video are probably strategic locations of resources, as well as drone strike targets designed to enrage the locals, causing them to become Al-Qaeda terrorists!

Didn't Obama fire a bunch of people in charge of AFRICOM back when Petraeus resigned and the whole Libyan embassy thing was going on?
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:40 am

Who Are The Longest Reigning Dictators?\
The majority of true dictators reign on the continent of Africa.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby ergot » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Zimbabwe is on the Brink of Starvation : ( [The True Story of Zimbabwe]
When stupid people kill smart people and take their land, at first it seems like a victory from the perspective of the stupid people, but then when things go wrong because the stupid people have no clue how to run things they wind up worse off than before. It's the same way in all sh*t hole nations....
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:06 am

ergot: Maybe instead of bailing them out and providing humanitarian aid, we should just let them suffer the consequences of their stupidity. It's often the case that stupid people fail to be grateful for what smart people provide for them. Stupid people often make the mistake of assuming that they deserve more than is really the case. I'm not saying that there are not greedy smart people who take more credit than they deserve, just that stupid people tend to over-estimate the value of their meager contributions to society.
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:06 am

Not only did the idiots in Zimbabwe bite the hand that feeds, they literally murdered those running the farms and providing food to their nation. For the USA to bail out Zimbabwe is to enable murderers to get away with their crimes. They caused their own problems. The world would be better off without them. Let them starve!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Next

Return to News and Issues