Rare and Endangered

Share native plant sightings, info about plants that grow in the Death Valley area, or ask questions about wild desert plants here.

Re: Rare and Endangered

Postby cactuspete » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:16 am

Sparky of SoCal wrote:Seems like some plants have more protection than some unborn babies

Abortion is a separate topic which has to do with an individual human life. In this thread we are discussing rare and endangered plants and the issue is the EXTINCTION OF AN ENTIRE SPECIES. If the human race goes extinct, it will almost be our own fault or at least the fault of corrupt and evil people with too much power. Most of us realize that it is in our best interest to protect all plant species and we realize that there are many reasons (practical, moral, and aesthetic) for doing so. The issue of abortion belongs in a separate thread and is a red herring here.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:06 am

Aliciella caespitosa & the Navajo Sandstone
Wildrose was right about this channel! The guy describes this plant as a juicy little bastard! And then he provides tons of scientific info on the plant. I looked up more info and this extremely rare plant is related to an extremely common plant which you might see growing in people's yards in the area.
LOOK UP: Aliciella latifolia (Broad-Leaved Gilia) to see what I'm talking about.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildbill » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:24 am

ShadyLady: The guy has a very spicey presentation style. Some might find it a little too spicey, but some like it hot!
wildbill
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby cloud » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:51 am

wildbill: I know I do! :diablo:
cloud
Fleabitten Varmint

Previous

Return to Native Plants Information