TJUSD Board Meeting - February 08, 2018

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - February 08, 2018

Postby panamint_patty » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:27 am

Lice Live In Your Hair
Timely advice! A couple acquaintances in Ridgecrest are currently dealing with this situation with their kids.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:56 am

Increasing number of children killed by flu epidemic
Everything that can be done to reduce the spread of the flu should be done by the school and at home.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:33 am

Bulletproof backpacks being sold in wake of school shooting
Would you pay good money for a false sense of security? Many parents would and so greedy scumbags are producing products that will make themselves rich while only providing a warm feeling in the heart that at least you did something to protect your kids even if that something is nothing more than symbolic and provides only a false sense of security.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:27 am

wildrose: Lots of opportunists will take advantage of fear and sell people that magically FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY. It works every time!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:07 pm

Trump administration takes aim at Education Department
I'm still skeptical of DeVos's motives, but the reforms listed in this news clip are positive.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shadylady » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:46 am

wildrose: DeVos is just making a few no-brainer popular moves to win the support and confidence of the general public. Before the end of Trump's term she will inflict plenty of damage. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the writing is on the wall, as they say.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Inside The Safest School In America
This is a little extreme IMHO. There are more practical approaches to the problem which cost fewer dinero.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby wildrose » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:26 am

mrgreen: Entrepreneurial types are licking their chops over this latest school shooting. They are about as opportunistic as they come and there are school boards and school administrators who are going to be complete suckers for their sales pitches. It's hard to say how many millions of dollars will be wasted on products and services which provide nothing more than a FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY

Postby shadylady » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:34 am

wildrose and mrgreen: The smoke emitters in that video seemed like the biggest waste of money ever. Chances are that they will never be used and if they do they won't work as hoped. In fact, it is more likely that they will cause death or injury to students than do anything to stop a shooter who is familiar with that school. People need to calm down and look at this issue rationally!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:32 am

I saw something about Trump wanting to arm teachers who were in the military. I'd be worried about a case of PTSD and the person going off over some unruly student behavior. He said something about hardening school security. I think the only thing that's hardening are his arteries and that's causing the flow of blood to his brain to be getting cut off.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Local News