Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby sandman » Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:46 am

The New "Purge Law" Is A Chilling Reality For Americans
Not sure how a neighborhood can be safe if laws aren't enforced. Bail should not even be an option for most of the crimes listed. Violent crimes and property crimes should be vigorously prosecuted and bail shouldn't even be an option. If the crime is serious and the evidence is strong, they should be held in jail until their court date and if found guilty put away for a long, long time. I'm sick and tired of this social justice crap. Let's prioritize public safety and as for dog owners who can't control their dogs (as we see at the beginning of this video), fine the hell out of them and confiscate their pets if they can't properly control them!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby BoraxBill » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:18 am

sandman wrote: Let's prioritize public safety and as for dog owners who can't control their dogs (as we see at the beginning of this video), fine the hell out of them and confiscate their pets if they can't properly control them!

Irresponsible dog owners are always a problem and that brings up the topic of the term Karen. First and foremost, a true Karen is always a dog owner. In the original case a woman named Karen (who happened to be white) was allowing her dog to run around without a leash in a park where it was clearly posted that dogs were to remain on leashes. A bird-watcher (who happened to be black) asked the lady to put her dog back on its leash. The woman refused and rather than comply called the cops and complained about the bird-watcher. In a more general sense, a "Karen" is someone who makes up a false allegation, but the term is usually misused in different ways to refer to an annoying woman.
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby dilbert » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:29 am

666 wrote: How To Spot Zoophiles
It's a lot more common than you'd think. I know of a few cases in both Trona and Ridgecrest and a few more in Cal City!

Zoophiles will soon be one of the protected groups. You know LBGTZ+ and people who are hateful towards them will be considered zoophobic. Do you want to be a zoophobe?
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby pdm » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:19 am

Dog Owners Who Are Control Freaks/Narcissists
I won't go so far as to say that all dog owners are narcissists, but definitely it would be a majority of them. Others are control freaks and some are perverts, but most have some kind of hangup.
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shotgunmary » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:54 am

Irresponsible dog owners are a problem, there's little doubt about that. What should be done about the problem is a difficult question and I don't have any answers. I agree that most dog owners have issues, but the same can be said about other people too. All I can say is that I've had good neighbors and I've had bad neighbors and most of the bad ones have owned dogs.
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby rainbow » Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:16 am

Dog Allegedly Attacks 7 Year Old For Taunting It
Typical case of blaming the victim! And even if the kid did taunt the dog, the owner of the dog should be held 100% accountable and by accountable I mean serious prison time.
rainbow
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shotgunmary » Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:16 am

Aunt Refused To Get Rid Of Pitbull Before Parenting
So, victim blaming is okay when it comes to dog attacks? And this stuff about "therapy dogs" is complete crap. What kind of utter imbecile needs a "therapy dog"?
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby dilbert » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:16 am

Calif. Homelessnesses Reach 75k
That's more than double Ridgecrest and Trona combined. It would be a disaster if they all moved to the desert!
dilbert
Lonesome Miner

Postby rainbow » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:12 am

XL Bully dogs to be banned in England & Wales
This is a move in the right direction. At least it's a start. We need to see this in the USA.
rainbow
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby sandman » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:08 am

TOP 10 ILLEGAL DOG BREEDS
Banning certain breeds is a good idea, but it's also important to hold owners 100% responsible for anything their dog does.
The prison sentence for negligent homicide should be no less than ten years in the case where a dog mauls someone to death.
https://www.shouselaw.com/ca/blog/negligent-homicide-sentence/
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Local News