Seismic Activity

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Seismic Activity

Postby drdesert » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:54 pm

sandman wrote:Scientists Predict Major Earthquakes in US
This is from the Alex Jones Show and so take it for what it's worth. :unsure:

Looks like YouTube decided that we can't watch Alex Jones videos anymore. The nanny state and YouTube have a lot in common.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby wildrose » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:38 am

These Tennessee Caverns Are Critical In Detecting Secret Seismic Activity
Equipment placed in these caves can detect a nuclear explosion on the other side of the globe.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby camel » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:39 pm

San Diego's risk for a major earthquake
Big quake in Alaska has Californians worried about what might happen next.
Would you walk a mile for me?
camel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby ergot » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:02 pm

Two Earthquakes Hit Wingate Wash
A 4.2 magnitude earthquake hit a few miles east of Trona at about 1:40 p.m. today. A second quake registering 3.7 hit shortly afterwards. The quake epicenter was just east of the Slate Range in Wingate Wash on military property. Another way of describing the location is to say that it was at the extreme south end of Panamint Valley, just south of the county line between Inyo and San Bernardino. The fact that the quake was unusually shallow (0.8 km) and that it was on military land, might raise a few eyebrows.
LINK: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/ci38386960/map
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BallaratBob » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:32 am

ergot: Yeah, there's some weird facility right about there. I can't get any particulars except for that's one of the places that the military is particularly sensitive about. Try to enter that area and they'll be on you like flies on shit!
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:47 am

Wingate Wash is not too far south of Goler Wash and the area that the Manson Clan is said to have been searching for an entrance to some legendary underground civilization. Of course you gotta keep in mind that the Manson Clan was strung out on drugs just about 24/7 and so I don't think I'd take any of that crap too seriously. But it is something to think about.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby deathvalleyjake » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:44 am

I've heard lots of stuff about projects the military is working on in the area. The Wingate Wash spot has been the focus of a lot of speculation. Not sure if it's all just empty supposition or if there's more to it, but the story about an underground civilization does add a little intrigue. It's odd how the military blocked the extenstion of highway 178 through that area. At one time there was a plan to go over Layton Pass and through Wingate Wash to shorten the distance to Las Vegas. Maybe there was a reason for shooting that plan down.
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:32 am

Maybe there was an underground battle between the beings living in the underground civilization and our military. Or maybe there was a booby trap laid for would be explorers of the underground tunnels leading to the main chambers. Or maybe it was just an earthquake! Inquiring minds want to know!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:50 pm

Rep. McCarthy gives an update on earthquake damage in his district
It seemed more powerful than 6.4, but it was big enough to get national attention.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:21 am

I felt it necessary to start a thread specifically about the earthquake yesterday in Trona. I don't think it would be fair to lump in the biggest local earthquake in recorded history in with all the rest of them.

If you feel it necessary to move it here can we at least wait a while till things calm down and we see what happens?

Hopefully the 4th of July quake will remain the biggest one and it is not a precursor to an even bigger event that will wipe Trona off the map.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News