Perceptions of Trona

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Perceptions of Trona

Postby ergot » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:46 pm

Trona: Six months later, no repairs in sight :nopity:
What a bunch of whiners! It's as if these people expect someone to just come in and take care of things for them. Ridgecrest bounced back because people in Ridgecrest took care of business. When you play the victim card, you remain a victim.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby BoraxBill » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:32 am

ergot: Whiners is right! What do these people expect? I know of cases where people have taken out loans to repair earthquake damage and lots of others where people just paid outright. There were lots of chimneys that had to be taken down and replaced. That ain't cheap. I don't want my tax money going to pay for repairs for these freeloaders, especially when I know that some people will not only have to pay for their own repairs out of their own pocket, but then be expected to pay taxes to be used to pay for other people's problems. Ridiculous!!!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby CrustyOldFart » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:47 am

Borax: Exactly. I could not have said it any better. So many people have managed to take care of their own problems and so I don't know why some people just expect handouts all the time. As for the school, anyone who follows the TJUSD Board Meeting threads posted here knows that the school is working to solve its own problems. Some have complained that the school isn't working hard enough or fast enough, but you can check out the board meeting threads for that discussion if you so choose!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby pdm » Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:44 am

ergot: So this random lady says that we're trapped in this never-ending cycle. What the heck is she even talking about and who in the heck made her a spokesperson for Trona? Why didn't they find someone who had a clue about what they were talking about? Such a clueless person!
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby panamint_patty » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:28 am

pdm: What I heard is that she's new in town and so obviously she does seem pretty clueless. That's the second lady, but the first lady has been around for awhile. However, she seems pretty out of touch. She says there's a lot of suffering and hardships, but everyone I know has taken care of business and are moving on with their lives. The school is working on a plan, but red tape with the state is impeding progress. Just look through the last several board meeting reports and you can see it's all about jumping through hoops for the state.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:21 am

panamint_patty wrote:pdm: What I heard is that she's new in town and so obviously she does seem pretty clueless. That's the second lady, but the first lady has been around for awhile. However, she seems pretty out of touch. She says there's a lot of suffering and hardships, but everyone I know has taken care of business and are moving on with their lives. The school is working on a plan, but red tape with the state is impeding progress. Just look through the last several board meeting reports and you can see it's all about jumping through hoops for the state.

Well sure, but the board meeting reports don't spell things out very clearly and so it's necessary to read between the lines. The problem there is that low IQ types aren't good at that. Often they fail to see the implications of the info presented or even worse they often reach ridiculously inaccurate conclusions. If you spell it out, the amount of reading required exceeds the capacity of low IQ types and so you really can't expect half the population to be able to infer much from the info presented. But obviously, red tape is an issue and most people can comprehend that. Having said that, the possibility that those running things at the school have not dealt with the issues with the highest degree of efficiency is also a possibility.
:shrug:
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby cloud » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:01 am

#223 Creepy Trona, CA and Yard Art :roll2:
They don't know how to pronounce Searles and they don't know the difference between borax and soda ash. The guy wasn't sure if he was in Nevada or California until his wife clarified it for him even though he was driving. But they got a video camera and time on their hands and so why not post a video about a place they know nothing about?!!
cloud
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby deathvalleyjake » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:03 am

Searles Valley Minerals Responds to Groundwater Authority’s Public Hearing on Replenishment Fee
They talk about a 7000% increase in water rates. That's a little steep if you ask me! :wtf:
The fee would increase Searles’ water costs by 7,000% or approximately $6 million per year, pushing the company to extinction.

https://www.turnto23.com/news/local-news/searles-valley-minerals-responds-to-groundwater-authoritys-public-hearing-on-replenishment-fee
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby ergot » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:11 pm

The Horrors - So Now You Know :nono:
So now you know.... all of Trona's dirty little secrets.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:07 am

A gathering of the stupid and irresponsible:
twister
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Local News