Local News & Events

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Local News & Events

Postby James Sel » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:56 pm

James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:38 pm

Thanks James! You certainly don't waste any words or beat around the bush when it comes to answering a question!
:thumb:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby James Sel » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:48 pm

panamint_patty wrote:

Thanks James! You certainly don't waste any words or beat around the bush when it comes to answering a question!
:thumb:

:cool2:
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Re: Local Events

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:51 am

GEM-O-RAMA: The DEALER SPECIAL for only 200 bucks per car sounds like a lot of fun! It's probably a sure fire way to score some premium product. First grabs at the highest quality stuff... How could a dealer resist?
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CoolChick » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:14 am

James Sel: Great post. That was very helpful for those of us too lazy or inept to find the info on our own. And never mind Crusty. He's a clown and I think he's partaken of a little too much "product" in his time. His brains are totally fried. Hahahahaha!
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:28 am

Listen here, CoolChick, I'm an OLD FART, not a CLOWN. And as for my brains being fried, it's the result of living in the desert a little too long and has nothing to do with the consumption of anything that can be referred to as PRODUCT of any kind, thank you very much!!! Humph!!!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby pcslim » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:55 am

It's kind of surprising that no one posted anything about the Gem and Mineral Show. I know most locals take it for granted, but there are quite a few locals involved also. From everything I heard it went pretty much as normal. I'll have to check to see if anyone posted any videos at YouTube when I get a chance.
pcslim
Lonesome Miner

Postby shadylady » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:41 am

pcslim: A few friends did participate, but there seemed to be less enthusiasm for the event this year than usual, at least within my circle of friends and acquaintances. I haven't heard any reports as to if the event went well or not. I suppose no news is good news and that everything was normal with the usual displays, vendors, and events.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:44 pm

Sheriff’s citizen volunteer arrested in Trona on suspicion of lewd acts with a child
This is odd. I hadn't heard a word about this until now. Usually kids who make claims like this are lying, but law enforcement tends to give them the benefit of the doubt even though by now they should know better.
Deputies arrested a sheriff’s citizen volunteer Tuesday on suspicion of lewd acts with a child and oral copulation with a child, according to a San Bernardino County sheriff’s news release. Edwin Funke, 39, of Trona was arrested 4:34 p.m. Tuesday and booked into the Adelanto Detention Center, the news release states. Booking records show his bail was set at $50,000.

LINK:
http://www.sbsun.com/general-news/20170315/sheriffs-citizen-volunteer-arrested-in-trona-on-suspicion-of-lewd-acts-with-a-child
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrgreen » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:27 pm

Trona Man Arrested for Sexual Assault of 14-year-old Girl
The people a 247headline.com went out of their way to include a picture of the suspect with a with a strange smirk on his face and wearing sunglasses. They were definitely attempting to make him look like a shady character. I agree with twister that people should be skeptical of accusations like this since so many turn out to be false. Teenage girls are always looking to start drama.
On Monday, March 13, 2017, San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department detectives received information regarding an inappropriate sexual relationship between Edwin Funke and an underage girl. Detective spoke with a girl who confirmed the sexual assault that took place at Funke’s Trona home. This according to the victim, took place several times last year.

LINK: https://247headline.com/trona-man-arrested-for-sexual-assault-of-14-year-old-girl/
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Local News