Local News & Events

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Freedom Days

Postby twister » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:31 am

As far as flyers go that Freedom Days flyer is certainly informative, but it could use a little proofreading. There are spelling errors and grammar mistakes and all sorts of strange things going on there! I think I'll make a point of staying away from Ballarat during the first week of April though. It sounds like a bunch of rowdies will be getting together, getting drunk, and who knows what will happen!
twister
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Local News & Events

Postby recluse » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Ghost Town Emerges From Lake Mead
You never know what you'll find when the water levels go down far enough!
recluse
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Local Events

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:27 am

Anyone have any info on the upcoming Gem and Mineral Show? I've been a little out of it lately and so I may have missed something, but it would be nice to know what the schedule looks like. Heck, at this point I don't even know for sure what days the show is going to be held. I think I saw a sign somewhere, but I forget what it said.
panamint_patty
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby James Sel » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:56 pm

James Sel
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:37 pm

Thanks James! You certainly don't waste any words or beat around the bush when it comes to answering a question!
:thumb:
panamint_patty
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby James Sel » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:48 pm

panamint_patty wrote:

Thanks James! You certainly don't waste any words or beat around the bush when it comes to answering a question!
:thumb:

:cool2:
James Sel
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:51 am

GEM-O-RAMA: The DEALER SPECIAL for only 200 bucks per car sounds like a lot of fun! It's probably a sure fire way to score some premium product. First grabs at the highest quality stuff... How could a dealer resist?
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CoolChick » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:13 am

James Sel: Great post. That was very helpful for those of us too lazy or inept to find the info on our own. And never mind Crusty. He's a clown and I think he's partaken of a little too much "product" in his time. His brains are totally fried. Hahahahaha!
CoolChick
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:28 am

Listen here, CoolChick, I'm an OLD FART, not a CLOWN. And as for my brains being fried, it's the result of living in the desert a little too long and has nothing to do with the consumption of anything that can be referred to as PRODUCT of any kind, thank you very much!!! Humph!!!
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby pcslim » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:55 am

It's kind of surprising that no one posted anything about the Gem and Mineral Show. I know most locals take it for granted, but there are quite a few locals involved also. From everything I heard it went pretty much as normal. I'll have to check to see if anyone posted any videos at YouTube when I get a chance.
pcslim
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Local News