TJUSD Board Meeting - March 13, 2014

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Spoiled Brats

Postby CactusHugger » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:50 am

I didn't realize that COD stands for Children's Online Daycare! LOL But there are a ton of negative comments left in reaction to this video. Some of them are darn mean! And funny! The video is up to over 150k views. Still semi-viral, but it may still go viral depending on how things go!
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - March 13, 2014

Postby mrgreen » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:07 pm

School Coughs Up $70k In Damages For Invading 13 Year Old's Social Media Space
The line between what happens at school and what happens outside of school seems pretty obvious to me. Schools complain all the time about being stretched too thin. So why would they want to take on more? What kids do outside of school is none of the school's damn business.
:smack:
Minnewaska Area Schools agreed to pay $70,000 in damages and rewrite its policies to limit how intrusive the school can be when searching a student’s e-mails and social media accounts created off school grounds.

LINK: http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20140327/07103526705/mn-school-coughs-up-70k-damages-invading-13-year-olds-social-media-space.shtml
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Spoiled Brats

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:46 am

It's unfortunate that kids are this empowered. Maybe parents need to rethink things a bit. At any rate there are over 2200 thumbs down votes left on that video, but I have a feeling the kids who made the the video are just laughing at all the negative comments people are leaving. I doubt they really care about what anyone thinks. It takes a real sociopath to do what they did. There probably is no hope for them.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:58 am

panamint_patty: You hear on TV all the time that being and feeling empowered is a good thing, but I think this goes to show that too much of a good thing is a bad thing. BTW, the video is up over 170 thousand views and it has over 2300 thumbs down votes! But the kids who made the video probably think it's all a big joke!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CactusHugger » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:53 am

The kids who made the got my teacher fired vid now claim that it was fake and all made up. They say that they made the video to get views. If that's true, then they succeeded! LOL
CactusHugger
Backcountry Hiker

Postby tronagirl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:59 am

They may say that it's all made up, but that still goes to show that even very young kids are capable of going to great lengths to manipulate adults. Just being able to think of the story and the way they laugh about it shows that kids are capable of some very deceitful and cruel behavior.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Re: Social Media

Postby CoolChick » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:58 am

mrgreen: Absolutely! Schools need to stay out of students' personal lives. Schools should concentrate on academic stuff and not try to do everything. And kids should not share what they do online in a way that nosey school people can read it and if a teacher or principal or something demands that you tell them your password you should just tell them where to go!
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Postby cactuspete » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:02 pm

Teacher Fired For Doing The Right Thing :curse:
No good deed goes unpunished! Authoritarian assholes running the school where this happened. This is not acceptable. Period.
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby cactuspete » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:06 pm

School Bus Driver Mocks Crying Girl
And then there's this...
cactuspete
Prehistoric Fossil

Previous

Return to Local News