Gas Prices

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Gas Prices

Postby sandman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:55 am

Gas Prices in America Expected to Plunge After Reaching Record Highs
Good news about gas! :biggrin:
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby panamint_patty » Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:53 am

Search for gas gets more desperate
Not a good situation! And we thought we had it bad a couple weeks ago when gas prices spiked! I'd much rather pay $6/gallon than wait in long lines!
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 am

Anyone notice the new name for the T-Stop? I drove by and didn't catch the new name. I think it started with a Z or was it a V. Not sure, but there was definitely something going on there! Just as long as they have gas and the price is reasonable is all I care!
:4x4:
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Gas Prices

Postby BoraxBill » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Gasoline angst :curse:
Gasoline prices are getting a little out of control. The good news is that they should drop back down to where they've been lately by Thanksgiving. The bad news is that we're paying somewhere around 5 bucks per gallon in the meantime, depending on where we gas up!
Talk about sticker shock – in recent days, Californians including us here in Inyo-Mono, woke up to gasoline prices that had suddenly jumped up by as much as 50 cents per gallon overnight. Governor Jerry Brown ordered the California Air Resources Board to start use of California’s winter blend as soon as possible.

LINK: http://www.sierrawave.net/14572/gasoline-angst/
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby BallaratBob » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Compost-Fueled Cars: Wouldn't That Be Great?
Inspirational! Truly inspirational! :crazy2:
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby surfsteve » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

As soon as I saw the green dot on the stage I realized it should be a red dot and that the Onion was making fun of Ted Talks. Hopefully this is only a stand alone and not the first episode of a new series of "Onion Talks". Unfortunately I have to agree with The Onion on this one and feel they have captured the essence of Ted Talks which tends to display professors and PHD lecturers as side show circus freaks. The only thing left to do now is have someone do a Ted Talk about the Onion and present a plan to save the world through satire!

Hey Bob! I think that the recent rise in gas prices is just another indicator that they don't want Obama to serve a second term. If they did they would have lowered gas prices in the fall the way they always do after summer tourism and waited till after he was re elected to raise them again. I think the high gas prices before the election is just another sign that big business has abandoned Obama.

At least Obama is open about hating America. Romney loves Big Bird but I don't think he would hesitate for a moment about pulling the plug on either one.
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

I filled up there last night. After driving for two hours towards LA I saw another Vallero station and I made a joke that I must have taken a wrong turn and ended up back in
Trona. I guess you had to be there to appreciate it.

I just wonder how long it will be before I stop calling it T-stop. Probably never. I wonder why they didn't go with a Texaco franchise instead. Probably cost. I used to think it was till I actually filled up and realized it wasn't a Texaco
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby blackturtle.us » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

Valero Replaces T-Stop
Not exactly breaking news, but this video provides visual confirmation of the change. All the old T-Stop signs have been switched to Valero emblems!
blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby BallaratBob » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:27 am

blackturtle.us wrote:Valero Replaces T-Stop
Not exactly breaking news, but this video provides visual confirmation of the change. All the old T-Stop signs have been switched to Valero emblems!

I don't care who owns the place or what it's called just as long as they can be counted on to have gas when I need it and at a reasonable price. Gotta keep the auto fueled up cuz I got places to go, people to see, etc.
BallaratBob
Fleabitten Varmint

I just paid 4.19 per gallon in Ridgecrest. I noticed even in Trona gas has gone down to 4.29. No doubt this will help Obama in the upcoming election. But will it be enough along with his comeback in the last debate to make a difference? (Not that there is any between the 2 of them.)
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Next

Return to Local News