Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby defcon » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:37 pm

mrgreen wrote:ergot: Okay. So here is a synopsis and I'll leave out the details that might upset the delicate ones who might read this. The entire video is only twenty or so minutes long. The first couple minutes and the last couple minutes take place on a school bus full of children. In the scene at the beginning of the film the guy is grouchy or cranky -- I actually don't recall for sure if the film is called "The Grouchy Bus Driver" or "The Cranky Bus Driver" -- either way it's the same basic idea. In the last two minutes the guy is cheerful and charming and jokes around with the kids like he's their long lost uncle or something, not yelling at the kids like in the first scene. It's what happens between these two scenes which gets a little INTERESTING and which some people would find upsetting. Not sure how to get across the idea without getting graphic. Let's just say that the doggy, the mommy, the daddy, and the cute little daughter are no longer living at the end of that scene and that most of the scene involves extreme mistreatment of the cute little one in front of the parents before they are put out of their misery. I think you get the general idea and by adding that the film is of questionable legality should imply a few other things which I'll leave to your imagination. Go with the worst possible idea that comes to mind and you're probably pretty close! Oh, yes, and I should not neglect to add that the bus driver early in the main scene delivers a little lecture about how he's not especially pleased with their noisy doggy. The lecture makes it clear that the bus driver lives adjacent to the family with the dog. Obviously, the film doesn't provide any info about how the bodies are disposed of or how the bus driver cleans up the mess and so it's not clear how he apparently gets away with the dirty deed, but I suppose that's just a detail that the filmmakers decided was unnecessary for whatever reason.

Hope this satisfies your curiosity! :pac:

Great story! I actually believe if every person who allows their dogs to bark and disturb their neighbors were shot along with their dogs that this world would be a better place. Waiting for the legal system to actually do something about this problem seems completely futile. How hard would it be to have a system of fines in place for noise offenders? The system would pay for itself!!!
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby pdm » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:14 am

Considering that most sex offenders are on the sex offender registry for less than nothing, I'd say that a noise offenders registry makes a ton of sense. Seriously, I think most people would rather live next to the TYPICAL sex offender who did nothing serious, than next to an asshole who allows his dog to bark or who plays loud music or who makes other unnecessary noise. I'd set up a system of fines and confiscation of various items including dogs that would be pretty serious and downright brutal. Noise offenders deserve to be dealt with in a rather harsh manner as far as I'm concerned!
pdm
Cantankerous Mule

Postby shadylady » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:24 am

People who don't know how to keep their noise to themselves don't deserve to live in civilized society. Those too stupid to be considerate of their neighbors must be prodded with fines and other forms of punishment. As usual, the stupid ruin it for the rest of us, but that's how it goes most of the time in thie world. That's why we can't have nice things.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:37 am

Selfish assholes make noise. They don't realize that most people prefer quiet and that noise causes stress and interferes with activities which require thought. And so it's no surprise that it's the low IQ types who tend to make noise. They can't comprehend why anyone would want to actually think. For them thinking is a painful process which accomplishes nothing because they simply lack the capacity to think through anything beyond the concrete and obvious. To genuinely engage in mental work is just so far behind their understanding that they are oblivious to that realm of existence. It's very much the case that they are truly a lower form of semi-human life. Kind of like the song by Devo about Mongoloids only in reality worse.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:07 am

Should be titled “Woman defends her right to sleep.”
Fortunately, most of us don't have to deal with inconsiderate neighbors. I had a neighbor back a few years ago who did allow his dog to bark and somehow that dog wound up dead. It might be the case that one of our neighbors poisoned it. If so, I thank that neighbor for taking care of the problem for the rest of us! The following video is about a case where a 67-year-old woman intentionally tried to poison a dog with Raisinettes. While the news reporter paints a picture of a mean woman who did something bad, the truth is that an inconsiderate neighbor drove a nice lady to do something to defend herself. In fact, almost all the comments are outraged that the lady was forced to suffer to the point where she decided to take matters into her own hands.
Should be titled “Woman defends her right to sleep.”

these stories when told on the news always paints a picture of the perfect Neighbor vs the devil. the guy gave no shits about the dog barking and the story about dinner is a flat out lie.

I have 4 dogs next door about 4 metres from my bedroom window. I get up with the dogs I sleep when the dogs sleep. They think I like dogs ? Such a shame when they moved in. I would love to silence them.

It's disgusting that dogs have more rights than humans these days....absolutely sick!

He is trying to appear so innocent and sweet. This lady was likely driven to do this by a selfish irresponsible dog owner. His next victim may not be as careless.

That's not a solution. Why the hell would the neighbor want to play with the dog? I would rather there were no dogs within miles of my home. Dog owners need to realize that barking dogs are a public menace and make sure their dogs don't bark excessively. Zero barking would be even better!

One thing I'll say, if I ever wind up on a jury in a case like this, I will find the person accused of poisoning the dog(s) innocent. Self-defense, plain and simple. Completely justifiable and probably even praiseworthy.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby sandman » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:34 am

Neighbor caught poisoning dogs
This appears to be the same video as the previous one, but it was posted by a different user. No one I know wants to hear a barking dog in their neighborhood. The comments seem to be split here. Half support the irresponsible dog owner and half support the lady who was defending herself against the sonic assault. Here are a couple of the funnier comments left by viewers:
note to self... chocolate not very effective...next time use timic

Her only crime was doing it in the daylight where she could be recorded. People who let their dogs bark belong in prison.

I had a psycho neighbor who enjoyed/encouraged his barking dog because it bothered me. The dog owner was asked nicely to curb his barking dog and instead he put up a camera. This guy is a psycho neighbor, he's the bad guy. Why doesn't the dog owner get a fine for noise?

no body tries to poison a dog without a reason barking dogs are like a disease

you sit to chill after work your heart rate drops and suddenly WOOF WOOF WOOOOOF WOOOOOF WOOF WOOOF dogs are a form of cancer

It's pretty obvious: NO REASONABLE PERSON ALLOWS THEIR DOGS TO BARK.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby sandman » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:41 am

Family suspects neighbor poisoned their dog
Here's another one. It's clear from the comments that most people are annoyed by barking dogs. Which brings up the question as to why aren't there better laws to punish idiots who allow their dogs to bark?
:laugh: More funny comments:
bullshit ..if your dog barks all night and day and fucks your life up because you can't sleep and the owners don't care....death to the dog!

I hope the neighbor attempts to poison the dog again, but this time is successful.

He said live in peace? How do you think the neighbors feel? Barking damn dog!!!

sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby defcon » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:12 am

Top Poisons For Killing Rodents
What will work on a rodent, will probably work on other mammals. Personally, I think I'd give chicken bones a try before resorting to something more serious, but if you're gonna go down this road then be smart. Don't purchase any of these substances with a check or credit card or online. You probably will have difficulty obtaining these items in California, but adjacent states might be more accommodating. You might consider hiring someone to do the job for you, but that accrues various risks too. I provide this info knowing full well that law enforcement will do nothing to help out and that anyone who would do this kind of thing was driven to it by inconsiderate neighbors. I'd suggest moving, but I know that's not a realistic option and that it's better to eliminate the problem at it's source rather than to adjust to dysfunctional circumstances.
Anticoagulant (rat poison): Includes warfarin, difenacoum, brodifacoum, bromadiolone and others. These are primarily used to kill rats and mice, and are called rodenticides. Anticoagulants damage capillaries, and cause internal bleeding. This process takes a few days. It is very painful for the animal. In the final phase, the animal dies of hypovolemic circulatory shock.

Antifreeze - Ethylene glycol: Yeah, you've probably heard that you can leave out a bowl of antifreeze and kill dogs or cats or skunks. The liver metabolizes ethylene glycol into glycolate and oxalate, which cause extensive cellular damage in various tissues, especially the kidneys, but across many different organs. So after an initial stage of nausea and vomiting and muscle twitches and stuff, kidney, liver, even heart failure cause death, usually in about 24 hours.

Bromethalin: This is another type of rat poison. Attacks the nervous system, and causes limb ataxia, seizures, hyperthennia, and finally death after 36 hours or so.

Cholecalciferol: Another type of rat poison, it produces hypercalcemia, which results in systemic calcification of soft tissue, leading to renal failure and death in 24-36 hours.

Strychnine: causes muscular convulsions and eventually death through asphyxia or sheer exhaustion.

http://www.247wildlife.com/skunkkill.html
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby deathvalleyjake » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:11 am

Love the comments! Just goes to show you that most people don't think that they should be bothered by a neighbor's noisy dog. I think that any reasonable person would agree that it is the responsibility of the dog owner to keep his or her dog quiet. Just because you own a dog doesn't entitle you to disturb your neighbors. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out!
:smack:
deathvalleyjake
Cantankerous Mule

Postby tronagirl » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:02 pm

Different dog owners have different reasons for owning dogs. People who have outside dogs that bark a lot are usually people with security issues, psychologically speaking. They have an exaggerated fear of human intruders and sometimes also an exaggerated fear of dangerous animals. It's been shown over and over again that outside dogs do little to deter human intruders and when it comes to dangerous animals, barking dogs actually increase the chances that a bobcat, bear, coyote, or mountain lion will pay a visit to their premises. The presence of a dog actually signals to coyotes and their ilk that there is likely to be food available for the taking. So what winds up happening is that the presence of an outside dog actually attracts wild animals and that can increase barking issues. Witless dog owners take that as proof that they "need" the dogs and completely fail to connect the dots and realize that it's the presence of their dogs which is increasing the frequency of wild animal visitations. The problem is that people with psychological complexes tend to have self-fulfilling beliefs and so it's hard for them to break out of their cycles of erroneous perceptions and dysfunctional habits of thought.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Local News