Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby desertrat » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:28 am

Closing Your Garage Door While Black Now Gets Death Penalty
The TYT airheads pretend this about race. It's not. It's about an asshole who played loud music and who refused to cooperate with the cops. I like the way the cops took care of the situation. If more assholes who play loud music had this kind of outcome, the noise problem in all neighborhoods would be solved in very little time. Drunk, rude, belligerent people are a menace to society and I applaud the cops, the judge, and the jury in this case!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:26 am

desertrat: Agreed. While I don't think that loud music deserves the death penalty, law enforcement should do a better job of ensuring peace and tranquility in all neighborhoods. The best policy: GOOD NEIGHBORS KEEP THEIR NOISE TO THEMSELVES. Of course, necessary home and yard maintenance is an exception, but people who make unnecessary noise should change their ways!
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby mrgreen » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:10 pm

desertrat wrote:Closing Your Garage Door While Black Now Gets Death Penalty
The TYT airheads pretend this about race. It's not. It's about an asshole who played loud music and who refused to cooperate with the cops. I like the way the cops took care of the situation. If more assholes who play loud music had this kind of outcome, the noise problem in all neighborhoods would be solved in very little time. Drunk, rude, belligerent people are a menace to society and I applaud the cops, the judge, and the jury in this case!

The dipshit got himself killed for being a dipshit. Boo-hoo... Nothing to see here folks. Just a loser who got what he deserved. As for the TYT airheads? They're so clueless that they probably spend half the day discussing the best way to wipe each others' asses. Losers lamenting the loss of another loser. If more cops took care of business like this and if more people reported assholes being assholes, the world would be a much better place! No doubt about it!
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:13 am

Getting back to MojaveMike's noisy neighbor who had to pay a fine for making excessive noise. There are several communities that I'm aware of that have ordinances which are actively enforced that limit the amount of noise anyone can make in their locality. There was a story I heard about some jerk on a Harley-Davidson who got slapped with a one thousand dollar fine just for riding his motorcycle through one such neighborhood. Needless to say, the clown never road his noise-making machine through that neighborhood again!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby CrustyOldFart » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 am

What we all fear is our neighborhood turning into a ghetto!
There are rich ghettos and there are poor ghettos, but there are a few things that you'll find in most ghettos:
1) Excessive clutter - Houses are not properly cared for. People park cars on the street or in their yards. Trash is allowed to accumulate.
2) Excessive noise - Loud music. Barking dogs. Loud vehicles.

Obviously to care for houses some noise must be made, but the point is that in good neighborhoods consideration is the norm, not the exception. Good neighbors keep their noise to themselves. That's a slogan worth living by. The problem is that people raised in ghettos don't understand the meaning of consideration and when they move into a good neighborhood they often bring the ghetto with them.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:25 pm

CrustyOldFart wrote:What we all fear is our neighborhood turning into a ghetto!
There are rich ghettos and there are poor ghettos, but there are a few things that you'll find in most ghettos:
1) Excessive clutter - Houses are not properly cared for. People park cars on the street or in their yards. Trash is allowed to accumulate.
2) Excessive noise - Loud music. Barking dogs. Loud vehicles.

Obviously to care for houses some noise must be made, but the point is that in good neighborhoods consideration is the norm, not the exception. Good neighbors keep their noise to themselves. That's a slogan worth living by. The problem is that people raised in ghettos don't understand the meaning of consideration and when they move into a good neighborhood they often bring the ghetto with them.

Seems like a good definition of ghetto to me. Personally cars parked in yards don't really bother me, but cars parked along the curb gets a little tacky. Other people's noise is never a good thing. I think that's obvious to most people, but for the slow learners out there maybe not.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby tronagirl » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:41 am

Child Mauled By Dog In Riverside
This is ridiculous. The dog should have been put down after the first incident. Both the owner and the judge who allowed the dog to live should be considered responsible. Any time a dog behaves aggressively towards a person, the dog should be put down. It's as simple as that!
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby ergot » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:39 am

Pet ownership should be regulated and require a license. For each pet there should be an annual fee. Probably one hundred dollars per pet would be about right. For failure to properly control a pet a fine should be imposed dependent upon the severity of the issue. Three strikes and you lose your right to own a pet. For instance, the first time your barking dog disturbs a neighbor, a fine of two hundred dollars is imposed. The second time it goes up to five hundred dollars. The third time it's one thousand dollars plus loss of the right to own a pet.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:22 am

ergot: That seems pretty fair and reasonable to me. It holds pet owners responsible for the behavior of their pets and discourages irresponsible people from owning pets. It's a win-win across the board as far as I'm concerned. The money collected helps ensure that animals are not mistreated and also protects people against being victimized by irresponsible pet owners. Excellent idea!
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrfish » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:37 pm

ergot wrote:Pet ownership should be regulated and require a license. For each pet there should be an annual fee. Probably one hundred dollars per pet would be about right. For failure to properly control a pet a fine should be imposed dependent upon the severity of the issue. Three strikes and you lose your right to own a pet. For instance, the first time your barking dog disturbs a neighbor, a fine of two hundred dollars is imposed. The second time it goes up to five hundred dollars. The third time it's one thousand dollars plus loss of the right to own a pet.

What's surprising is that there isn't already a system like this in existence. It seems like basic commonsense! Negligent pet owners should be registered as animal abusers. A database should be kept and published online. Seems like a total no-brainer to me!
mrfish
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Local News