Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby drdesert » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:02 am

High-pitch noise to stop dog barking bothers neighbors
Here's another set of comments demonstrating that most people get pretty angry and annoyed when a neighbor allows his or her dog to bark:
The only people in the wrong are the people with the loud dogs. Shut them up

Awwww, poor ladies....now you know how others feel about your obnoxious dogs!!!!!!

Dog owners are the top of the list of people who need to spend time in a reeducation camp.

Shut the dog UP. It drives people crazy and it's horrible. No one should have to get these devices especially if they file complaints. She should train or get rid of the dog. Period.

Ohhhh so it’s not ok if the noise caused by their barking dogs bugs them but it’s ok if their barking dogs bug the neighbors? My gawd how do they not see how hypocritical they are being

A little after 3 am I knocked on the neighbors door and told him as long as I was wake, he would be too.

Then muzzle your dogs from barking. It bothers people's right to peace and quiet. Look up the psychological effects of barking dogs on human health. The barking should not have to be tolerated. Quit protecting the ones in the wrong!

The real problem with 99 % of dog owners is they are selfish ppls.they don't care about anybody else but themselves and their stupid dogs.they all know their dogs are disturbing the peace of other's around them and they really enjoy it specially when neighbors start complaining that's their climax they feel like they are the center of the world.

Rat poison in minced beef, mix well then throw it over the fence, to a corner in the dead of night. The Colonels secret blend of herbs and spices hee! hee!

The last solution is the one that the dog owners deserve, but unfortunately it is not legal, but it would be true justice!
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby panamint_patty » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:41 am

Henderson neighborhood fed up with dog's barking
It only takes one inconsiderate dumbass to ruin an otherwise peaceful neighborhood. Law enforcement should take care of these issues quickly and decisively and in some parts of the country they do. Hopefully responsible law enforcement will spread to the rest of the country so everyone can enjoyable peace and quiet! In the meantime, other people feel your pain:
After almost 20 years of barking my neighbors German Shepard died and what a fucking wonderful joy it was and still is it's so nice and quiet now.

Maybe it's hungry. Throw it a few bars of chocolate. That might shut it up.

Actually, I would say a few bars of chocolate would definitely shut it up. Chocolate is poisonous to dogs.

All you got to do is get a BB gun and every time it barks pop him in the ass with a BB. and if that dont work . soak hamburger meat in anti-freeze and throw it over the fence.

I live in Vegas and I have one in my neighbourhood that barks every night, from around 9pm to sometimes 2am. It's horrible. Luckily it's about 10 houses down, so at least it's not as intense. I feel sorry for adjacent neighbours though.

Yeah, I've got inconsiderate jerks who live next to me as well. I think they have four dogs but they keep one out back in a cage. Then they leave (or stay) sometimes I can't even be sure if someone is home, but that dog will bark like this anywhere from 2 to 6 hrs, sometimes longer. Its been going on since these people moved in 4 or 5 years ago. It is absolutely MADDENING.

Citronella smells deter dogs from approach or digging, and ultrasonic devices like a dog whistle can send out a shrill burst of instant barking karma, which can be used to retrain all sorts of dog behavior.

And here's a much longer comment:
I've had this problem for a year...only mine was worse than his. My neighbor has 3 dogs, 2 of which sometimes bark incessantly without stopping for 2 hours. When it was really bad, they would bark all morning to night time and it was impossible to sleep because we lived neck to neck with them. We sent a complaint to the neighborhood association, they sent out a letter and that didn't help. We sent our own neighbors a letter, that didn't help either. the only thing that helped us was that across the street from our house we have a neighbor who is the sheriff, he personally complained about the annoying dogs. And ever since then its been quiet thankfully. Now, they keep them inside and I still hear them but its bearable. I sympathize with people who deal with this issue and have ignorant neighbors who don't take care of their dogs. Please don't be that annoying dog owner who says that they're dogs and they bark. You just look stupid, there's a difference between a dog barking for a little bit and them not stopping at all. In a sense its animal abuse/neglect on your part.

panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby shotgunmary » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:53 am

Years ago I read about some guy who drowned his neighbor's dog because it incessantly barked. At the time I thought that he must be some kind of monster, but then it happened to me. A neighbor got a dog and it barked on and off throughout the day, but at night it got really bad. I lost sleep and became extremely irritable. It was at that point I realized just how bad it is to have an inconsiderate neighbor and how barking dogs can drive people crazy. I tried talking to the neighbor, but he just laughed and told me to get used to it. So, I talked to some in-laws and one asked me if I minded if he did something drastic. I said that nothing was out-of-bounds just as long as my life could return to normal. The dog was gone two days later. I asked no questions and thanked my in-law. Here's the problem. New dog two weeks later. Same problem. Also I noticed that the neighbor had installed security cameras. I called my in-law again. He said he was up for the challenge and the dog was gone the next day. Cops were called by the neighbor and people in the neighborhood were questioned, but nothing came of it. The bad neighbor wound up moving and life is now good and my favorite in-law gets special presents on his birthday and at Christmas. I still don't know exactly what he did and quite frankly I don't care!
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby desertrat » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:22 am

ShotgunMary: Thanks for that. It's hard to know why someone might do something until you spend some time in their shoes. I've had friends who have told me about the torture of living next to an inconsiderate neighbor and I get it. I don't consider someone who would kill a dog in order to get a little peace and quiet a monster at all. I think that is quite reasonable if that's the only solution. HOWEVER, I do consider a person who would allow their dogs to bark to be a monster and sincerely wish that law enforcement would take an active role in ensuring that people KEEP THEIR NOISE TO THEMSELVES!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:47 am

KEEP YOUR NOISE TO YOURSELF seems like a reasonable rule to live by for the most part as long as people realize that some noise is necessary when it comes to home maintenance. Trees must be trimmed, roofs reroofed, grass needs to be mowed (maybe not in Trona), etc. People should try hard not to make unnecessary noise and it is never necessary for a dog to bark and so I'm on board with any and all criticism of people who allow their dogs to bark.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:44 am

ShotgunMary: I think many people don't realize the importance of a good night's sleep. Long-term sleep deprivation can change a person's personality. Someone who is conscientious and easy to get along with can turn into an antisocial grouch over the course of a couple of weeks if they don't get adequate rest. Anything that keeps people from sleeping or which stresses them out can have a huge negative impact on their well-being and that could lead to any number of problems. With this in mind it should be quite clear that allowing a dog to bark, especially at night, is completely unacceptable. It's just something a good neighbor would never allow.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby a2z » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:13 pm

mrgreen wrote:ergot: Okay. So here is a synopsis and I'll leave out the details that might upset the delicate ones who might read this. The entire video is only twenty or so minutes long. The first couple minutes and the last couple minutes take place on a school bus full of children. In the scene at the beginning of the film the guy is grouchy or cranky -- I actually don't recall for sure if the film is called "The Grouchy Bus Driver" or "The Cranky Bus Driver" -- either way it's the same basic idea. In the last two minutes the guy is cheerful and charming and jokes around with the kids like he's their long lost uncle or something, not yelling at the kids like in the first scene. It's what happens between these two scenes which gets a little INTERESTING and which some people would find upsetting. Not sure how to get across the idea without getting graphic. Let's just say that the doggy, the mommy, the daddy, and the cute little daughter are no longer living at the end of that scene and that most of the scene involves extreme mistreatment of the cute little one in front of the parents before they are put out of their misery. I think you get the general idea and by adding that the film is of questionable legality should imply a few other things which I'll leave to your imagination. Go with the worst possible idea that comes to mind and you're probably pretty close! Oh, yes, and I should not neglect to add that the bus driver early in the main scene delivers a little lecture about how he's not especially pleased with their noisy doggy. The lecture makes it clear that the bus driver lives adjacent to the family with the dog. Obviously, the film doesn't provide any info about how the bodies are disposed of or how the bus driver cleans up the mess and so it's not clear how he apparently gets away with the dirty deed, but I suppose that's just a detail that the filmmakers decided was unnecessary for whatever reason.

Hope this satisfies your curiosity! :pac:

That's what's known as a dark comedy in literary circles. The archetypal comedy begins with the main character in a bad situation and ends with the character in a good situation. The plot is about the transformation and how it occurs. In real life, tragedy is more common in disputes such as the one which lead the cranky bus driver to do the dirty deed you vaguely describe. We see it all the time and the outcome usually involves death one way or another with everyone involved in an even worse situation than they were in at the beginning of the story. So, in the case of the bus driver, the story would begin with him being the nice uncle-like character you describe at the end of the story and as a result of the torture caused by the rude neighbors he would murder them and then maybe drive himself and a bus full of kids off a cliff or something similar to that. Like I said, we hear about mass murders and crazy things all the time in the news and so it's pretty obvious that tragedy is more common than true comedy in real life. Personally, I'd rather watch a comedy film than a tragedy, but I also realize that although life may be full of humor from time to time, it ultimately tends to be more like a tragedy than a comedy, archetypally speaking, of course.
a2z
Cantankerous Mule

Postby KissMyTail » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:29 am

a2z: That's not how most people understand the meaning of comedy, but as you say you're speaking from a more literary point of view. And so I get it. The rest of what you say makes a lot of sense and there's no doubt that tragedy is the more typical outcome of disputes whether they occur in the workplace or on the freeway or between neighbors or within a family or.... well, you get the idea.
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby wildrose » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:12 am

How To Quiet You Neighbors Barking Dogs Review Of The Bark Control Pro
There's a good chance that this product will solve the problem or it at least seems to have worked for the guy in this video. If your neighbor is an irresponsible dirtbag who allows his dogs to bark, then you may need to take matters into your own hands. There's nothing remotely illegal about this device and so it's one of your few options unless you live in an area where law enforcement responsibly deals with noise complaints.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Some people think that dogs deter burglars, but the truth is not quite that simple. Some people think it's a good idea to leave dogs outside at night, but that's wrong for a bunch of reasons. Most obviously, burglars can easily feed dogs meat laced with poison and this will generally kill or at least neutralize a dog. Even dogs supposedly trained not to accept food from strangers, will take a treat more often than you'd think when their master is not in sight. But even without poisoned meat, burglars can quickly and silently neutralize a dog with a pellet gun and if you're dog is one of those dogs that bark at anything, then how would you know the difference between the dog barking at a squirrel versus someone coming up to the fence and quickly shooting your dog? And obviously there are other ways of neutralizing a dog and anyone can figure out several in a matter of seconds.

Smart people keep their dogs in at night since that way they can wake their masters up if someone is trying to break in. On top of that, if someone does get in they will have to contend with the dog and that's a lot harder to do inside the house than outside the house. Basically, it's just plain dumb to leave your dog outside at night.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

PreviousNext

Return to Local News