Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby drdesert » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:39 pm

panamint_patty wrote:
twister wrote:Here's a little alert for parents, especially those with daughters. The word is that a family with some serious issues moved to Trona several months ago. Apparently the father of the family was under investigation in Kern County for molesting his daughters. He moved to Trona to put a damper on the investigation and then as a result of the covid situation has been able to remain under the radar. The case hasn't actually been dropped, but it's been sidelined at least temporarily. My understanding is that the father of the family has a job with the plant in some capacity and so he appears to be a respectable member of the community for the most part. There are several other details I could add, but suffice it to say that it would be a good idea to not allow any of your children to play at the house of this family.

That's a hot topic! A lot of talk and there's a lot more to talk about. Without giving away any details, the interesting thing is that this new guy has buddied up a bit with a prominent Trona resident who has a teenage daughter. I won't go into the implications of that, but there were rumors regarding the prominent Trona resident and his teenage daughter before the new guy even arrived on the scene and now people are talking about the possibility of a little daughter swapping going on behind the scenes. Not saying that any of this is true, but while some people are merely amused by the possibilities, others are totally disgusted!

Small towns are famous for this kind of thing. They are good places to lay low and to stay beneath the radar. This covid situation has sidetracked a lot of the work done by law enforcement and many people who should be dealt with have gotten by for now.
wildrose wrote:panamint_patty: There's a lot to the story. I got the inside scoop from a former school employee. She said it's a really sad situation, but I'll try to be circumspect in what I write here since it's a delicate issue. Most people would be shocked to find out how closely this "prominent resident" is connected to the school, although he is not actually an employee. The crazy thing is that not only has he encouraged his daughter to make accusations against school staff, but he has actually told friends of his daughter that making accusations against teachers is a good way to get out of work. There is another troubling issue involving possible litigation, but I won't go into that. The bottom line is that this guy really has no business being in any way associated with the school and if the speculation about "daughter swapping" turned out to be true, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

Molesters often make up stories about other people in order to divert the attention away from themselves. It's a very common strategy. If you ever hear someone say that so-and-so is a molester, the first thought that should pop into your head is that the person telling you the story is the real molester.
KissMyTail wrote:There was a similar situation involving a "prominent resident" just a few years ago. That case involved a volunteer firefighter and a girl who reportedly was thirteen at the time. The firefighter guy was married to a school board member and the girl was a friend of the guy's daughter. There was some other guy she messed around with too from what I've been told. I know the firefighter guy did some time in the slammer, but I'm not sure what happened to the girl's other customer. Not that she whored herself out or anything, but I'm sure she received some kind of compensation for her services.

Most molesters are married guys and so all this makes perfect sense. I've heard of crazier stuff happening. In fact, I'm aware of a case in another state where a father actually sold indecent images of his very young daughter on the internet for bitcoin. He got away with it for awhile, but he wound up getting caught.
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby shadylady » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:32 am

There used to an old joke that "incest was best" when it came to social rejects and that they'd have kids just so they'd have sex partners. That joke was never all that funny, but there are those it applies to. People also used to joke about "wife swapping" and to some extent it was something that some people actually did. However, when it comes to "daughter swapping" I think maybe things have gone a bit too far. There's a point where depravity has completely bottomed out and it sounds like that point has been reached. Which brings the lyrics of a Sheryl Crow song to mind: "If it makes you happy, then why the hell are you so sad?"
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby panamint_patty » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:46 pm

shadylady: I know of more than a few cases where guys have married women with daughters with the apparent intention of gaining access to the daughters. That's not quite the same thing as incest, but it still violates expectations of basic decency. A close friend was violated by her step father when she was eleven. I heard of a similar case in Ridgecrest several years back involving a girl who was eight. There was a case here in Trona not that long ago involving a teenage girl. Not the same girl as with the firefighter guy. It was a different girl. Come to think of it I can think of a few cases where teenage boys have had affairs with the moms of friends, but cases like that don't really upset people as much as cases involving girls. Those situations are just awkward more than anything else, although I suppose they're still illegal, technically speaking.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby CrustyOldFart » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:44 am

Daddy Daughter Dance :wtf:
Ummm.... The lyrics say everything: "People fall in love in mysterious ways." 1.5M views, 5.9K likes, and 6.4K dislikes. I find the fact that so many people actually liked the video to be a bit alarming, but am somewhat relieved that even more people disliked it. Very troubling times we are living in. I don't want to bring up Pizzagate and the Epstein situation, but there are more people into that kind of thing than you'd expect. They just tend to be very discreet about it.
CrustyOldFart
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shotgunmary » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:08 pm

This story was shared privately between some of my Facebook friends two weeks ago. Someone had inside info and shared it around along with names. I don't really like spreading rumors, but if it's solid info, then it's alright. This topic is rather unpleasant and I know some people like to joke about this sort of stuff, but it's a serious matter and I know I wouldn't want any of my grandchildren, nephews or nieces going to the houses of people involved in this sort of thing.
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby twister » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:03 am

Boy Who Saved Sister From Dog Gets Surprise From MrBeast
The kid is a hero, but the backstory is that one of his neighbors is an irresponsible dog owner. Hopefully the dog owner got what he deserved!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby BoraxBill » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:23 am

drdesert wrote:Most molesters are married guys and so all this makes perfect sense. I've heard of crazier stuff happening. In fact, I'm aware of a case in another state where a father actually sold indecent images of his very young daughter on the internet for bitcoin. He got away with it for awhile, but he wound up getting caught.

I was surprised to learn that over 85% of molesters are married guys. That's not exactly the stereotype and when confronted with the facts I was a little bit stunned at first. But it makes sense. Who has the most access to kids? Who is most likely to be "trusted" with kids?
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby hand » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:32 am

shadylady wrote:There used to an old joke that "incest was best" when it came to social rejects and that they'd have kids just so they'd have sex partners. That joke was never all that funny, but there are those it applies to. People also used to joke about "wife swapping" and to some extent it was something that some people actually did. However, when it comes to "daughter swapping" I think maybe things have gone a bit too far. There's a point where depravity has completely bottomed out and it sounds like that point has been reached. Which brings the lyrics of a Sheryl Crow song to mind: "If it makes you happy, then why the hell are you so sad?"

There's another old joke about rednecks bringing condoms to family reunions that popped into my head after I read this post.
Have A Nice Day
hand
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby tronagirl » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:59 pm

Some rednecks don't really need to travel to get to a family reunion since most of their family is already in town. Remember the volunteer fire guy? He lived next door to his wife's parents and across the street from his parents. It's like that with a bunch of people in Trona. Of course, he seemed to be more interested in his daughter's friends than in family members, but you never know....
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shotgunmary » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:24 pm

I understand that the parents of the "prominent resident" referred to in this thread live just down the street and that other relatives are even closer. Sounds a lot like the situation with the volunteer fireman in quite a few ways. It's amazing how patterns like that repeat themselves in small towns.
shotgunmary
Fleabitten Varmint

PreviousNext

Return to Local News