Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby sandman » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:22 am

Neighbor dispute over barking dogs could send 90-year-old woman to jail
I'd triple the fines. No one should have to live next to an idiot incapable of controlling his or her own dogs. Apparently others who viewed this news clip agree:
Boohoo you don't get to have noisy pets just because you're ancient. You deserve quiet in your house.

I feel for the neighbour. I live next door to a relentless barking dog, it impacts your sleep, your work your health. Just because you are old doesn't give you the right to hold your neighbourhood hostage with your dogs. If you can't care for them then find them a new home.

He should have his mom move in him. Noisey mutts are annoying. All her neighbor wants is some peace and quiet.
Put her in jail with the mutts!

Too bad, so sad. Lady have some respect & consideration for other people. They don't want to hear that incessantly. at all hours of the day & night. Put a muzzle on them.

Shut your dog up!

sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby dzrtdwg » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:57 am

People who don't take proper care of their dogs should be shot! They are the scum of the earth! A huge part of taking proper care of dogs is to make sure that they don't disturb neighbors. That's just basic consideration and responsibility. People who can't do that should lose the right to own pets. Maybe a couple fines at first as a wake up call, but after that I'd say no more pets for you, dipshit!
dzrtdwg
Lonesome Miner

Postby defcon » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:29 pm

There is an interesting story called "The Grouchy Bus Driver" about a guy who solved the problem of a neighborhood dog that barked too much. I came across it on 4chan, but can't find it anywhere anymore, but I can recall it well enough to retell it. Anyone want to hear it? It's pretty disgusting, but entertaining in a sick and twisted way! I think it qualifies as what they call a creepy pasta kind of story and so I could post it in that thread, but it relates to things being discussed in this thread and so it fits in alright here.
defcon
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby shadylady » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:27 am

sandman: Special snowflakes think their dogs are more important than their neighbors. Whether we're talking about the senile old lady in the video you posted or some inbred redneck, they all seem to lack reasonable concern for the welfare of their neighbors. Basic decency and consideration require that one keep their dogs from bothering their neighbors. The idea of fining offenders I think is a good one. People should be held accountable for their actions and failing to keep dogs from barking is a pretty serious offense as far as I'm concerned. People wind up on the sex offenders registry for lesser offenses. Perhaps it's time that we create a registry of people unfit to own animals. Those people deserve as much if not more scorn than do most sex offenders.
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby mrgreen » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:12 pm

defcon wrote:There is an interesting story called "The Grouchy Bus Driver" about a guy who solved the problem of a neighborhood dog that barked too much. I came across it on 4chan, but can't find it anywhere anymore, but I can recall it well enough to retell it. Anyone want to hear it? It's pretty disgusting, but entertaining in a sick and twisted way! I think it qualifies as what they call a creepy pasta kind of story and so I could post it in that thread, but it relates to things being discussed in this thread and so it fits in alright here.

There's actually a film and it's one of those crazy art films. Just barely legal and a copy on your computer could bring charges in some jurisdictions. Not easy to find a copy of the film and don't ask me for a link! Probably best to post that to The Dark Web thread. Although the story definitely fits in with this discussion, it's way beyond what would be appropriate for this thread. I suppose you could tone down the story a bit, but if you've seen the film, you'd know that the filmmakers took everything to the limits and then some.
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby KissMyTail » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:27 am

mrgreen wrote:
defcon wrote:There is an interesting story called "The Grouchy Bus Driver" about a guy who solved the problem of a neighborhood dog that barked too much. I came across it on 4chan, but can't find it anywhere anymore, but I can recall it well enough to retell it. Anyone want to hear it? It's pretty disgusting, but entertaining in a sick and twisted way! I think it qualifies as what they call a creepy pasta kind of story and so I could post it in that thread, but it relates to things being discussed in this thread and so it fits in alright here.

There's actually a film and it's one of those crazy art films. Just barely legal and a copy on your computer could bring charges in some jurisdictions. Not easy to find a copy of the film and don't ask me for a link! Probably best to post that to The Dark Web thread. Although the story definitely fits in with this discussion, it's way beyond what would be appropriate for this thread. I suppose you could tone down the story a bit, but if you've seen the film, you'd know that the filmmakers took everything to the limits and then some.

Something tells me that the film goes beyond the bounds of decency in order to shock the audience. I've seen that kind of "art" film a few times. I wouldn't consider myself a fan of that kind of film, but I am curious and would watch it even if it's the kind of thing that would cause squeamish people to claim that they've been scarred for life. At the least I'd like to hear a synopsis of the film just to get the general idea.
KissMyTail
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby ergot » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:33 pm

BARKINGDOGS.NET
This is a useful site for dog owners who need to figure out how to get their dog to stop barking or for neighbors who need to involve the legal system. It also has a bunch of news articles about people who have had to deal with barking dogs. Sometimes irate neighbors actually kill dogs when driven crazy by incessant barking. I'm surprised more people aren't murdered as a result of this kind of thing. If the law won't take care of the problem quickly and without a bunch of excuses being made, then people ought to be able to solve the problem themselves. Some jurisdictions do a good job dealing with this problem, but many don't. In these days of mass shootings, I wouldn't be surprised if someone pissed off about non-stop barking didn't just kill a dog, but then went on and killed an entire family. That would at least seem reasonable compared to some of the irrational mass shootings we've seen in the last few years.
http://barkingdogs.net/
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:45 am

If by reasonable you mean totally psycho, I agree!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:22 am

ergot wrote:BARKINGDOGS.NET
This is a useful site for dog owners who need to figure out how to get their dog to stop barking or for neighbors who need to involve the legal system. It also has a bunch of news articles about people who have had to deal with barking dogs. Sometimes irate neighbors actually kill dogs when driven crazy by incessant barking. I'm surprised more people aren't murdered as a result of this kind of thing. If the law won't take care of the problem quickly and without a bunch of excuses being made, then people ought to be able to solve the problem themselves. Some jurisdictions do a good job dealing with this problem, but many don't. In these days of mass shootings, I wouldn't be surprised if someone pissed off about non-stop barking didn't just kill a dog, but then went on and killed an entire family. That would at least seem reasonable compared to some of the irrational mass shootings we've seen in the last few years.
http://barkingdogs.net/

Considering that our country was founded by people willing to use lethal force in order to deal with non-lethal issues, I'd say that someone harassed by a neighbor allowing a dog to bark falls pretty squarely into the realm of self-defense. If on a jury, I'd vote not guilty and maybe even award the guy a medal of valor! After all, we live in a world where it is considered brave to falsely accuse people of petty sexual improprieties. Compared to such insignificant issues, a barking dog does seem like something worth doing something about! And it's definitely the case that compared to some of the mass shootings which have been based on vague ideological issues, that a barking dog which robs a person of sleep and deprives a person of peace and quiet is a pretty solid basis for drastic action, preferably legal, but in a country with a dysfunctional legal system, I could see how someone might decide to resort to violence, although I certainly cannot condone such action.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:36 am

There aren't too many things worse than an irresponsible and inconsiderate neighbor. I'm sure quite a few murders have occurred as a result of neighborhood disputes. Not sure what percent of homicides that would account for, but it's probably a high number. Usually these things happen in ghetto situations and basically the defining characteristic of a ghetto is a high noise level. It's not how much you make that counts, it's how well you treat your neighbors that matters. Good neighbors keep their noise to themselves.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Local News