Neighbors

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Neighbors

Postby tronagirl » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:56 am

dustdevil: Even dog owners who know how to take proper care of their dogs might be inclined to think rather poorly of their inconsiderate neighbors who allow their dogs to bark and disturb the neighborhood. They might not condone hiring a hitman drone operator to get rid of the noisy pooch, but they almost certainly appreciate the humor inherent in joking about such a transaction!
:thumb:
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby panamint_patty » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:28 pm

Yuba County boy attacked, killed by 3 dogs
Keeping potentially dangerous dogs around the house is just as bad as keeping a loaded weapon around the house. Certain breeds of dog should be assumed to be potentially dangerous and the law should treat any situation resulting in injury or death to a human seriously. I would say that manslaughter charges as well as child neglect are the least that should be made in this case. If the responsible parties don't get at least five years in prison each in this case then I'm convinced that our legal system is a complete joke, especially considering the number of people in prison for non-violent crimes.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby wildrose » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:19 am

panamint_patty: Breeds such as German shepherds, rottweilers, bull mastiffs, doberman pinschers, and other large dogs should be considered dangerous and yes they are just as dangerous as a loaded weapon. Owners of large dogs should be put on notice that they will be held fully responsible for any harm caused by their dog. Simply saying "But my dog did it" should never relieve an individual of responsibility for something their dog did. The death of the nine-year-old should be treated just like a situation where a child got a hold of a loaded weapon.
wildrose
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:48 pm

Investigation continues in death of boy mauled by pit bulls
If they fail to put this lady away for at least five years, then justice has no meaning in the USA.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby desertrat » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:29 am

Feuding Neighbor Fatally Shoots Family's 2-Year-Old Dog In Perris
The dog ain't no big loss! :laugh:
Charge the who guy shot the dog with a minor infraction, but allow him to keep his weapons and no fine, jail time, or community service. As for the POS with the dog that got loose, charge him with a misdemeanor, but a $1000 fine will be sufficient to make it clear that the entire altercation was his fault to begin with. Also don't allow that guy to own dogs (or live in a house with dogs) for a couple years. That way he might learn his lesson.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:19 am

desertrat: The guy discharged a weapon in a residential area without just cause. Of course, the guy should have his weapons taken away. But to be fair both men deserve some sort of consequence for their contributions to the situation.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:45 pm

Serial dog killer on the loose in the South Bay
There doesn't seem to be a clear motive, but the hot dogs were laced with Temik. I did a web search and found out that another name for Temik is Aldicarb and that it's a plant pesticide.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:46 pm

^ MF'ers ^^ :wtf:
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby panamint_patty » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:30 am

20 Children, 18 Dogs Rescued From Victorville Home With Deplorable Conditions
I wouldn't want to see a situation like this in my neighborhood. I'd probably be among the first to alert authorities. Parents who abuse drugs are the lowest of the low as far as I'm concerned.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby sandman » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:18 am

Drugs and children don't mix and anyone who takes on the responsibility of raising kids, even if by accident, has no business abusing drugs at all. Parents need to make their kids their number one priority and although I like to give people a little slack, there's a solid line that parents should never cross when it comes to drugs.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

PreviousNext

Return to Local News