Kelso Valley Manhunt

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Local News & Events

Postby twister » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Body discovered In Jawbone Canyon
A little ways over into Kern County there's a killer on the loose!
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby tronagirl » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:33 am

Desert Manhunt for Suspect after a String of Violent Crimes in California
More on the Jaw Bone Canyon situation. No info on what set the guy off.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby twister » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:56 am

Kelso Valley Manhunt Day 12: The search continues
It sounds like they have no idea where he's at. They're just searching the area, but I think he's probably already left.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby panamint_patty » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:18 am

Police giving few details on Kelso Valley Manhunt as search continues into day 12
They say he's contained within a five-square-mile area and that they control the perimeter around this area, but it sounds like that's more of an assumption than something based on actual evidence. They claim that they don't want to give out info because the suspect might hear the info on the radio or TV, but if the guy's really hunkered down in the wilderness, then what's the chances that he has a radio or TV? I know it's possible that he has a solar powered or crank powered radio, but it doesn't seem very likely and he must be on foot and so it's not like he can carry a TV around!
:smack:
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby twister » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:29 pm

Day 15: Search continues with suspect ID
The guy is still on the loose, but they claim to know who he is. The search has expanded outside the five square miles they thought they had him contained in. It's hard to say if he's even still in the area or even if they have correctly identified the suspect at this point, but only time will tell.
twister
Backcountry Hiker

Postby sandman » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:19 am

Well at least they know who he is now. I hate to be cynical, but if they were so convinced they had him contained within a defined area, but now seem to have been wrong, why should we have any confidence that they've correctly identified the guy? I also hate to think how much money this search has cost so far.
sandman
Backcountry Hiker

Postby James Sel » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:36 pm

sandman wrote:Well at least they know who he is now. I hate to be cynical, but if they were so convinced they had him contained within a defined area, but now seem to have been wrong, why should we have any confidence that they've correctly identified the guy? I also hate to think how much money this search has cost so far.

Easy to identify the suspect. I assume that they have finger prints, databases and eyewitnesses to identify this guy with a long record. There have been a few break ins up there and the first three napped victims seen him well enough.
James Sel
Cantankerous Mule

Postby CoolChick » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:37 am

KCSO Gets Best Lead in Manhunt
They think they have him cornered in a cave near Onyx.
CoolChick
Cantankerous Mule

Kelso Valley Manhunt

Postby panamint_patty » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:57 am

Search for Kelso Valley suspect comes to an end
It looks like they finally got him. (Shot him dead to be more precise.) BTW, I'm proposing that all the posts related to this topic be moved from Local News into this new thread.
panamint_patty
Prehistoric Fossil

Re: Kelso Valley Manhunt

Postby tronagirl » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:46 pm

Sheriff Youngblood and residents react to the end of the Kelso Valley Manhunt
Hopefully there will be more info coming about why this guy did all the stuff he did, but at least now people can feel safer in the Kelso/Weldon/Onyx area.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Next

Return to Local News