TJUSD Board Meeting - October 11, 2018

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: TJUSD Board Meeting - October 11, 2018

Postby BoraxBill » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:29 am

whiskeypete: The most important thing parents can teach their kids is the importance of work. School is work for kids and teaching them that they can just skip out on their work when they feel like it is a sure-fire recipe for failure. Our society is full of selfish assholes who think that they're more important than anyone else and we don't need any more of those types!
BoraxBill
Lonesome Miner

Postby surfsteve » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:41 am

I agree with Surfsteve on this one too! I don't know why. I just think he's right. Saying that you're only doing it because you are required to and not a matter of whether you care or not only reinforces what he said. He wasn't talking about skipping out whenever anyone felt like it. He was saying he only supported it on special occasions and that many families wouldn't be able to afford vacations if they didn't take their kids out of school. I agree with Whiskey Pete. Some people like Surfsteve's strict parents never took him on vacation anywhere and instead of pleasant memories that's all he has to remember for the rest of his life. In this case it clearly seems the school administrators are the ones being selfish assholes. If they really cared and supported the kids they would be coming down hard against the people making the rules instead of taking it out on the kids and their parents!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby tronagirl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:37 am

How to keep kids safe at the school bus stop
Keeping bus stops off of busy streets seems to be a good start, but there's no excuse for drivers not stopping for school buses when they're picking up or dropping off kids.
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby desertrat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:44 am

Students Rally To Defend Teacher Charged With Child Abuse After Classroom Brawl
I don't care what the kid said, there's no excuse for a teacher striking a student under any circumstances. If a student attacks a teacher, the teacher has the right to do the minimum it takes to defend himself, but continuing to hit a student after the threat has passed is impossible to excuse. In this case, however, the student did not attack the teacher. In fact, all the student did was defend himself against the attack instigated by the teacher. Fire this jerk and remove him from the classroom permanently!
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:49 am

Wonder why so many students are defending him. It could be that there are extenuating circumstances that weren't photographed. Or maybe they just like him because he's a music teacher that hangs out and smokes dope with them. Hard to say. Especially with so much fake news going on these days!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby MojaveMike » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:13 pm

surfsteve wrote:Wonder why so many students are defending him. It could be that there are extenuating circumstances that weren't photographed. Or maybe they just like him because he's a music teacher that hangs out and smokes dope with them. Hard to say. Especially with so much fake news going on these days!

Well, if he's smoking dope with them, then that's another good reason for firing him! :laugh:
Lots of good teachers have short tempers. He probably is extremely talented when it comes to teaching music, but if he can't control his temper, then he has no business in the classroom. The video is pretty clear in showing that he kept going after the kid and at no time did the kid pose any kind of threat to anyone in the room. No excuse for physical violence and when the perpetrator is substantially larger than the victim, then that makes it even worse.
MojaveMike
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby surfsteve » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:06 am

No doubt he should be fired. I wasn't trying to defend him in my previous post. Only to understand why the students were supporting him. He sounds more like a student than a teacher. Perhaps instead of paying him they should be charging him to go to class!
Make Trona great again!
surfsteve
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Local teacher arrested after allegedly hitting a student
Another physically violent teacher! Or at least this is the allegation. After the arrest info about misconduct in a previous district surfaced. The hiring district contacted the previous district and received no info that would put into question their decision to hire the teacher. Multiple lawsuits on the horizon here!
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby desertrat » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:29 pm

Fight between teacher, student on video divides California community
Here's a follow up on my previous post... I really don't think the basketball being thrown at him changes a thing.
desertrat
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby ergot » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:31 pm

Was The Teacher Arrested For Allegedly Hitting a Student In the Wrong?
The basketball was thrown and it did hit the teacher, but it was not something that warranted a physical assault. The teacher had lots of options. It wasn't like he had to defend himself. He just lost his cool and over-reacted. No excuse for getting physical.
ergot
Prehistoric Fossil

PreviousNext

Return to Local News