Trona High School

News pertaining directly to Trona, Death Valley, the northern Mojave Desert, Inyo County, and adjacent areas.

Re: Trona High School

Postby mrgreen » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:16 pm

recluse wrote:‘Our bit of time travel:’ Trona buries time capsules for future generations
To set the record straight, there were two time capsules:
One time capsule will be recovered in 13 years by the current kindergarten class, the future class of 2032. The second will remain buried for 50 years, to be recovered on July 4, 2069, on the anniversary of the magnitude 6.4 earthquake that hit the Searles Valley hard. Both were unremarkable in appearance, the 50-year capsule wrapped in a black plastic bag and the kindergarten one dressed up in a blue plastic bag.

Everyone I've heard from regarding this considers the whole thing a joke. Whether or not anyone shows up in 13 years or 50 years is hard to say, but by then the whole thing will seem even more pointless than it does now.
https://www.ridgecrestca.com/news/20200207/our-bit-of-time-travel-trona-buries-time-capsules-for-future-generations

It's hard to say how many people will actually attend the digging up of the time capsule events. Most likely lack of interest will limit the numbers. Then again, if the coronavirus turns out to be more deadly and widespread than anticipated, there might be no one left!
:smokin:
mrgreen
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby drdesert » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:16 am

mrgreen: I'd say we're more at risk from coronavirus hysteria, than from the virus itself. It may be that the coronavirus is twice as virulent as the normal flu virus, but people are acting like it's one hundred times as bad. As Franklin D. Roosevelt said on March 4, 1933 in his inaugural address: The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_inauguration_of_Franklin_D._Roosevelt
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby hand » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:31 am

High School Didn't Matter At All
Parts of this presentation are profane and some of it is just plain cringey and for the most part it makes very few valid points, nevertheless it is funny here and there!
Have A Nice Day
hand
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby blackturtle.us » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:11 pm

Trona High School Graduation: July 31, 2020
Below is the link for graduation which will be live streamed with a ten minute delay. Graduation starts at 8:00 p.m. and you will be able to start seeing it at 8:10 p.m.

https://youtu.be/lsqFEG9t75U

If you have any questions please call the High School office at 1-760-372-2824 or the Elementary School at 1-760-372-2868.

blackturtle.us
Cantankerous Mule

Postby tronagirl » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:22 am

Nice ceremony and congratulations to the graduates, but I couldn't help but notice how most of the men in the audience looked like a bunch of slobs! They couldn't be bothered to put on a nice shirt! Geez!!!
:smack:
tronagirl
Ancient Bristlecone

Postby shadylady » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:22 am

tronagirl: Trona men are so classy!
shadylady
Prehistoric Fossil

Postby drdesert » Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:33 pm

drdesert wrote:mrgreen: I'd say we're more at risk from coronavirus hysteria, than from the virus itself. It may be that the coronavirus is twice as virulent as the normal flu virus, but people are acting like it's one hundred times as bad. As Franklin D. Roosevelt said on March 4, 1933 in his inaugural address: The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_inauguration_of_Franklin_D._Roosevelt

I take that back. Early in June after everyone started acting as if the danger had past, we saw the numbers go up. I admit I was wrong and now realize that prudent action is necessary to keep this thing under control. I wear a mask when I go out in public and I go out in public only when necessary. I don't want to contribute to the problem and so I am acting responsibly. I should have posted this retraction earlier, but I admit that I completely forgot about it. My bad....
drdesert
Lonesome Miner

Postby wabbit » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:51 pm

Brain-Dead Teen, Only Capable Of Rolling Eyes And Texting, To Be Euthanized
So many parents must deal with situations like this. Thank god lawmakers are working to make euthanasia an option available to everyone.
wabbit
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby wabbit » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:53 pm

Missing Teen's Friends Go On TV To Plead For Her Release, Gossip About Ugly Classmates
These two seem a little smarter than the typical high school girl, but at least this gives non-parents an idea of what it's like to deal with a high school age female.
wabbit
Fleabitten Varmint

Postby ziggy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:24 am

wabbit: Yeah, they seem smarter, but what's amazing is that they're not fat. Almost every high school girl I'm aware of is at least twenty pounds overweight. I hate to see what they look like by the time they're 30!
ziggy
Fleabitten Varmint

PreviousNext

Return to Local News